Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Kids die when people 'mind their own business'

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM
  • 108 Replies
11 moms liked this

makes me sick to my stomach.

Yeah.....people are soooo great to 'mind their own business'.......meanwhile, innocent children DIE because people are too fucking afraid to speak up when they fear something is wrong.  God forbid anyone pay attention (oh, they're NOSEY)....or speak up when they feel something isn't right (it's NOT your business....stay the fuck out of it and mind your OWN kids). 

get over yourselves, 'oh, holier than thou mothers who mind their own business'.

you do nothing but feed the problem.  Knowing something isn't right and not saying anything about it, is the same as doing something wrong.  You might as well beat the children yourselves.

Yes, I said it....it pisses me off and makes me so angry.  I couldn't care less if someone called CPS on me because they heard my child SCREAMING his heart out while I was giving him a haircut.  For all they knew, I could have been beating him!  At least that means someone CARES about my child other than me.  People who turn their heads.....and, on TOP OF THAT, ridicule other mothers who express concern to 'mind their own business'.......again, THAT is how children die.

by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM
24 moms liked this
No, neglectful parents, abusive parents, they are the reason kids die. Not because someone didn't check the windows of every car in the parking lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zah_ah_mbie
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM
5 moms liked this

I get what you're saying, but place blame where blame is due. On the asshole who hurt the child to begin with.

MombaBella
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Really? There are so many ways to tear down your entire statement that its ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArianasMama2007
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:43 PM
10 moms liked this
No the problem is that people call over everything so child services is overloaded with too many vs complaints so children that are actually in danger don't get the help they need
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on May. 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM
3 moms liked this
If you know something is right making an effort to do something is a great thing. But I think the real problem is ( besides the horrible abusive low life's) is that to many ppl make false accusations because they don't agree with something a parent is doing and it ties up social services and when their is really something going on they are to busy harassing good parents to do anything about it
one_on_the_way
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Quoting marchantmom06:

No, neglectful parents, abusive parents, they are the reason kids die. Not because someone didn't check the windows of every car in the parking lot.

You are right....but I couldn't imagine hearing that a child dies when I KNEW (or even suspected) the child was in danger or was being neglected/abused.

Yet, we are told over and over and over again "mind your own business".  Again, God forbid people pay attention.  That would be WRONG.

UnIdentiFiedOne
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:46 PM
3 moms liked this
If people would stop labeling every tiny thing abuse CPS wouldn't be bogged down by unnecessary reports to check on and would be able to focus on real abuse cases.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, just like you might ruin a family because you assume a child was being hurt.
It's not your business. If you actually see a person hurt another person of any age then yes report it. But your statement that people who are minding their business are killing kids is ludicrous.
You are talking out of your ass.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting marchantmom06:

You are right....but I couldn't imagine hearing that a child dies when I KNEW (or even suspected) the child was in danger or was being neglected/abused.

Yet, we are told over and over and over again "mind your own business".  Again, God forbid people pay attention.  That would be WRONG.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM
This might be the one and only time we agree on anything.

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

If people would stop labeling every tiny thing abuse CPS wouldn't be bogged down by unnecessary reports to check on and would be able to focus on real abuse cases.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)