Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Confused individual or a real sexual orientation?

by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Replies (41-50):
rgba
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Thanks. I don't know why, but I am having a hard time understanding this.

Do you have a specific "type" of person that attracts you? Do you believe others are purely heterosexual or bisexual? Or that everyone is pansexual?

Is this spectrum unique to you, or do you think everyone falls on it?

I'm trying to figure out if this is a unique type of "sexuality" or simply a different way of viewing sexuality.

Quoting Piskie:

Basically its not about who I find attractive, its about how I think gender is.

I don't think people fit into male or female boxes and that's it.

There are very masculine women, very feminine men, people who don't identify as any gender, people who are happy taking aspects of both, i.e she-males who are very feminine but enjoy their penis.

Gender isn't a binary thing to me, so I don't like using the word bi, because it suggests both sexes, when personally I think its more of a spectrum.

Quoting rgba:

I believe this, but I don't really understand this.

Would you have a sexual relationship with anyone, regardless of gender? If so, I don't see the difference between this and bisexual.

Quoting Piskie:

Yes, as soon as I heard about it I just thought that makes so much more sense to me lol.

If I like someone, I like them.

To me, theirs gender identity is no more important than their hair colour or taste in music (although if someone like drum.n bass,, its not working out lol).

It's simply another part of what makes them who they are.

Quoting thehickinhickor:

I keep hearing about this lately when i was younger and trying to out a word with what i was bi come closet but i care about people for whom they are not what's going on between their legs so i guess that would make me a pansexua

Quoting Piskie:

Real...

Technically I identify as pansexual.

Bisexual means both genders... People are a lot more complicated than either male or female, pansexual encompasses all. I'm attracted to some people, regardless of their gender identity.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on May. 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM
this

Quoting Piskie:

Real...

Bisexual means both genders... People are a lot more complicated than either male or female, pansexual encompasses all. I'm attracted to some people, regardless of their gender identity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeckyls-mommy
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Quoting Piskie:

Real...

if you dont mind me asking, whats pansexual?

rgba
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM
So then, the straight people you are talking about are attracted to gender (I.e. manly men) and presumably also to sex, correct? (If they are only attracted to men?)

Why am I so confused?

Quoting alwayskk:

Right. We tend to think of gender in the same terms of sex. Gender and sex are two different things. Sex is biological. Gender is a social construct.

Human beings are not just male/female. There is a whole range of genders.

People who are pansexual are attracted to people regardless of their genitalia and regardless of their gender.

Most people, especially those whom are straight, are also not attracted to people based on their sex, but rather their gender. This is why you see some women saying they love 'manly men'. "Manly man" is a gender construct.

Quoting Piskie:

There are very masculine women, very feminine men, people who don't identify as any gender, people who are happy taking aspects of both, i.e she-males who are very feminine but enjoy their penis.

Gender isn't a binary thing to me, so I don't like using the word bi, because it suggests both sexes, when personally I think its more of a spectrum.

Quoting rgba:

Would you have a sexual relationship with anyone, regardless of gender? If so, I don't see the difference between this and bisexual.

Quoting Piskie:

Yes, as soon as I heard about it I just thought that makes so much more sense to me lol.

To me, theirs gender identity is no more important than their hair colour or taste in music (although if someone like drum.n bass,, its not working out lol).

Quoting thehickinhickor:

I keep hearing about this lately when i was younger and trying to out a word with what i was bi come closet but i care about people for whom they are not what's going on between their legs so i guess that would make me a pansexua

Quoting Piskie:

Real...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Twix.Leigh
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Very real. I'm not confused, i would be just as happy with a man as a woman..

coug7099
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Tryin to drum up new members for a dying group?

erika9009
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I've had my fun with other girls and didn't question it as confusion.  I knew I'd always marry a man and find them attractive.  Yet, I will look at another girl in that "attraction" way too. 

Piskie
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM
I have types I prefer like everyone else. I.prefer clever, bigger men, feminine women who make me laugh. Preferably looking like Claudia Black lol.

I think everyone is on s spectrum... Because everyone's sexuality is much more complex than gay, straight or bi....
Some women love typically masculine men, others prefer feminine men.
To me, its just that what gender someone identifies as isn't that important. It's the person I find attractive.

It's s bit of both really.

Quoting rgba:

Thanks. I don't know why, but I am having a hard time understanding this.

Do you have a specific "type" of person that attracts you? Do you believe others are purely heterosexual or bisexual? Or that everyone is pansexual?

Is this spectrum unique to you, or do you think everyone falls on it?

I'm trying to figure out if this is a unique type of "sexuality" or simply a different way of viewing sexuality.

Quoting Piskie:

Quoting rgba:

Quoting Piskie:

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Quoting Piskie:

Real...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Caitlin Elizabeth on May. 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Absolutely real.

LCG83
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Very real.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)