Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need an argument.

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:21 AM
  • 16 Replies

I write a religious blog and I need some brave volunteers. I am writing a piece about "making excuses" and I need a few examples of arguments for/against a few specific topics. Obviously, I will be picking apart what you say and you won't really get to have a rebuttle, unless of course you chase down the blog post and do it in the comments section... but it's not like I'm going to argue with you on my blog comments cause that would just be tacky.

So who is brave enough? Give me your arguments for/against:

*Premarital sex/living together

*Not using birth control/having a LARGE family

*Modesty (wearing bikinis or revealing clothing)

*Homeschooling

*Drinking/Smoking pot

*Abortion

*Divorce

Currently awaiting BFP #4

Quiverfull Blog

by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 3:26 AM

you mean just our opinions?
i am not religious at all so im not sure if i can help you 

AeonReflux
by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Yes, opinions. They can be angry and raving or calm and assertive... lol I just need some "ammunition" to write about. You don't have to be religious - I realize that these are extremely hot topics and the opinions on them differ greatly among EVERYONE, whether religious or not!

fawhna
by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:59 AM
Well....you can get a large family if don't use self-control;) lolol No resistance here.:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Singlemominit
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Coming from an Athiest

*Premarital sex/living together: Totally ok. What happens if you marry someone before living together and theyre a total slob/rude and totally suck in the sack? Unhappiness

*Not using birth control/having a LARGE family: STUPID! I think after a certain number of kids, someone should be fixed unless they have the income to actually support them without welfare

*Modesty (wearing bikinis or revealing clothing): Not for me, but if you can rock it respectfully, then power to ya

*Homeschooling: Makes kids awkward in the real world. I think they should at least spend High School in a public school to get a feel for people

*Drinking/Smoking pot: Sure, why not? As long as youre responsible about it i.e, you have a job and can pay all your bills before buying your stuff (and its not a daily thing otherwise say bye bye to your brain)

*Abortion: Pro choice, but the only reasons I'd get one is in cases of rape, or there's something wrong with the baby to where it would die, or would put me in danger. Its a womans choice as long as its not past 14 weeks

*Divorce: Sucks, but if youre not meant for each other, why keep each other unhappy

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 4:08 AM

*Premarital sex/living together - i think its an important thing to know about a person before you make a committment to be with each other forever.  knowing a person well before you marry is step one to having a successful marriage.

*Not using birth control/having a LARGE family - i am pro-choice and this is part of that.  as long as the woman wants to do this then go for it.

*Modesty (wearing bikinis or revealing clothing) - whatever the individual feels comfortable with and does not generally offend the social group theyre in (like wearing a 'i fucked minnie mouse in the ass' tshirt to disneyland)

*Homeschooling - can be great as long as the homeschooling parent works hard and educates her/himself.

*Drinking/Smoking pot - everything in moderation.

*Abortion - a woman knows if she can or cannot handle to risks involved in carry to term a fetus and delivering that fetus.  if she thinks she can good for her..if she thinks she cant then abortions a a medically safe a legal option for her.  im 100% pro-choice all the way.

*Divorce -  its between those people involved.  any outside opinion has no bearing.  the couple knows if they are happy and healthy together - or can be - and if they believe they cant then they shoudl divorce and not feel that they are wrong for doing so.

AeonReflux
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Please tell me that is a real t shirt that you actually saw at Disneyland.

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

*Premarital sex/living together - i think its an important thing to know about a person before you make a committment to be with each other forever.  knowing a person well before you marry is step one to having a successful marriage.

*Not using birth control/having a LARGE family - i am pro-choice and this is part of that.  as long as the woman wants to do this then go for it.

*Modesty (wearing bikinis or revealing clothing) - whatever the individual feels comfortable with and does not generally offend the social group theyre in (like wearing a 'i fucked minnie mouse in the ass' tshirt to disneyland)

*Homeschooling - can be great as long as the homeschooling parent works hard and educates her/himself.

*Drinking/Smoking pot - everything in moderation.

*Abortion - a woman knows if she can or cannot handle to risks involved in carry to term a fetus and delivering that fetus.  if she thinks she can good for her..if she thinks she cant then abortions a a medically safe a legal option for her.  im 100% pro-choice all the way.

*Divorce -  its between those people involved.  any outside opinion has no bearing.  the couple knows if they are happy and healthy together - or can be - and if they believe they cant then they shoudl divorce and not feel that they are wrong for doing so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Refurbished
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I'm going to go get the popcorn right now :)

siouxssie
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I think I'll join you LOL

Quoting Refurbished:

MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I think my argument would be about hypocrisy...that you might not agree with people who do the above things but it itsn't for you to judge, unless the person is hurting someone.    For example a large family and the parents don't or can't take care of the kids, the pot smoker who can't hold down a job, so they steal, the homeschooler who has no business homeschooling...even then the goal should be to help and forgive, not judge.  I think 99.9 percent of us have done something questionable so unless you happen to be Jesus you should not cast the first stone. A person's life is between them and God.

MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 1:42 PM

margarita timeDrinks with that popcorn?

Quoting siouxssie:

I think I'll join you LOL

Quoting Refurbished:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)