Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My son is ugly

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM
  • 55 Replies

Of course hes not, but thats what he thinks :( My son went to the eye doctor yesterday and found out that he needs to wear glasses. He busted out crying telling me that he does not want to wear glasses and that people will make fun of him :/ he was being picked on at the beginning of the year and is now afraid that he will be picked on even more. My heart breaks for him. I told him that I wore glasses when I was 5 yrs old and that a lot of people wear glasses. I started picking out the boys in his class that wear glasses and asked him if they get picked on and he said no. So I told him that no one would pick on him and if they did that I would find out about it and definitely be at the school talking to his teacher. I have told him over and over that he is beautiful inside and out and that I love him no matter what, but he is still really down about it. Any thoughts of how I can get him more excited about wearing them? We will pick them up on Friday.

by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgmmw
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Bump
Paperfishies
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM
3 moms liked this

Glasses are totally IN right now...Look at all the celebs sporting nerd glasses!  Show him pictures of his fav celebs (actors/musicians) wearing glasses.

kgmmw
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I told him Superman wear glasses and he said cool 

Quoting Paperfishies:

Glasses are totally IN right now...Look at all the celebs sporting nerd glasses!  Show him pictures of his fav celebs (actors/musicians) wearing glasses.

kcook55
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

tell him only the cool kids get to wear glasses thats what my ds said when he got them at 4 lol. and you can get some really awesome glasses. i'm sad that ds dont need glasses any more just cuz he looks like a totally different child without glasses and hes just not him with out his camo glasses

Paperfishies
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM
5 moms liked this

Here's my daughter, she started wearing glasses when she was 5.

kgmmw
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I started pointing out the other kids in his class that have glasses and asked him if they get picked on and he said no. 

Quoting kcook55:

tell him only the cool kids get to wear glasses thats what my ds said when he got them at 4 lol. and you can get some really awesome glasses. i'm sad that ds dont need glasses any more just cuz he looks like a totally different child without glasses and hes just not him with out his camo glasses

kgmmw
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Shes adorable :) she looks so smart

Quoting Paperfishies:

MrsClark816
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Spiderman wears glasses too. (peter parker)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Too cute!

Quoting Paperfishies:

stefvan
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Glasses are very much in right now.  My 10 year old just got them and he loves to wear them.  But, then he's never been one to worry over what others think.  It took my dd a while to get there, but she usually wears contacts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN