Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I have not made dinner in about a year (PIOG)

At my house that is. 

Every day we go to my Mom's house for dinner. Except for Wednesdays when we go to my MILs for dinner.  We live only 5 minutes away from my Mom. I enjoy seeing her and spending time with her and so do my kids. I think its great how close we all are! Makes for wonderful memories :)

Sometimes I cook dinner at her house, sometimes she cooks. Just depends on who feels like cooking lol 

We'll bring food there to cook so she is not always providing. 

My husband doesn't always feel like going over, so sometimes he will just stay home and my kids and I will head over to my Mom's place. 

And, I think that's everything I wanted to say lol

by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
UxorQuodMatris.
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Quoting zombiemommy7:

Quoting JESSICA97140:

Why not just go to their houses one day a week and cook at your own house? I guess I don't get it. I like spending the alone time with my own family tho. Grandparents can wait until the weekend. I wouldn't want to go everyday if I were your dh either.

Yeah, no shit! I wonder how her marriage is? 

That's quite the leap, don't you think?

Love you, big brother

June 1, 1977-February 22, 2012

Sylv.the.Wine-O
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Really. 

Your statement tells me you cannot read if you think I cannot cook because my Mom is always cooking for me. 

Really.

Quoting prettygirl326:

really? REALLY? i am sure hubby is so happy with you....might as well move them all in her house too. that is too much.

Quoting Sylv.the.Wine-O:

Yeah kinda like how your Mom clearly didn't teach you how to read.

Quoting prettygirl326:

wow she didn't teach you how to cook? probably not, huh, she is always doing it for you.

zombiemommy7
by mamakels on May. 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Does your mother wipe your ass for you, too? 

zah_ah_mbie
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM

You're making the assumption that he is not okay with their arrangement. Just because this would not work in your family doesn't mean that there is something wrong with her marriage. And to answer your question I would LOVE to have the opportunity to go to my mil's everyday, or my mother's, but unfortunately that is not possible. So again, just because it's something that you wouldn't do, don't presume to know how others would feel.

Quoting zombiemommy7:

Quoting zah_ah_mbie:

That's kind of a jump don't you think? She has dinner at her mother's house, so her marriage must suck?

Quoting zombiemommy7:

Quoting JESSICA97140:

Why not just go to their houses one day a week and cook at your own house? I guess I don't get it. I like spending the alone time with my own family tho. Grandparents can wait until the weekend. I wouldn't want to go everyday if I were your dh either.

Yeah, no shit! I wonder how her marriage is? 

I don't think so. How would you feel if your husband ran over to his mothers everyday for dinner? Wouldn't you just love to go eat dinner at your mils everyday and see her everyday? I highly doubt that. Op seems to think everything is so nonchalant that it's kind of hilarious. 

tennisgal
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM

My DH works evenings so after I had my second (they were 17 months apart) I went to my parents house just about every night for supper b/c I had been by myself all day and just needed to be around people.

Now, it's just too much work so we head over on Tuesdays, we eat and the boys play for a few hours and then head home. 

3kidz123
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, I'm sure she does :)

My mom and I use to be close like that, it was nice. I'm glad you have that with your mom :)

Quoting Sylv.the.Wine-O:

No, I really think she enjoys us being there. 

It might be hard to see that there are families that actually enjoy being around each other but it is possible.

Quoting zombiemommy7:

Quoting Sylv.the.Wine-O:

Really? lmao

Quoting zombiemommy7:

Your poor mother, and MIL. 

I'm serious. I'm sure your mom lives you dearly, but doesn't have the heart to tell you to go home and make/eat your own damn food. 

Sylv.the.Wine-O
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Yes because again the link between having dinner with her and wiping my ass is so clear.

Quoting zombiemommy7:

Does your mother wipe your ass for you, too? 

O.o

colbys_mom
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that's awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Flovely on May. 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

It is too much for some of us but clearly not for OP.  I think you are taking this kinda far with the moving. LMAO!

Quoting prettygirl326:

really? REALLY? i am sure hubby is so happy with you....might as well move them all in her house too. that is too much.

Quoting Sylv.the.Wine-O:

Yeah kinda like how your Mom clearly didn't teach you how to read.

Quoting prettygirl326:

wow she didn't teach you how to cook? probably not, huh, she is always doing it for you.

Kaybean
by Kayleen on May. 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, that was a bit rude. And you put damn in there, almost as if you're mad about it yourself. I think she said she does bring food so her mom isn't always providing..

Quoting zombiemommy7:

Quoting Sylv.the.Wine-O:

Really? lmao

Quoting zombiemommy7:

Your poor mother, and MIL. 

I'm serious. I'm sure your mom lives you dearly, but doesn't have the heart to tell you to go home and make/eat your own damn food. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)