Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: MBorati-Collins
CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
The first time I had to take Allie to the ER. My husband was overseas and Allie started having skin eruptions. She was so scared and fragile, and I just wanted to cry. But I couldn't. I had to be strong for her.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
I wouldn't know. Here, or the Cafe, maybe the Park Bench.
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
I love that everyone here is honest. I'm not looking for a group who sugar coats it, and women here are nice and honest at the same time.
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
I love traveling. But if the question is about the spare hours in my day, I'd say reading.
5. What are your favorites:
Book: David Copperfield
Movie: Breakfast at Tiffany's
Song: Seasons in The Sun by The Beach Boys
Food: French Macaroons
Place to travel to: Bali
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
Alyson Hannigan. I don't know, she just seems so down to earth and fun.
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Relax. Your baby loves you, you're amazing, and everything is going to be alright.
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
When I was really young, I wanted to be a florist. Now I'm a lawyer.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
Alive: The queen. It must be so awesome.
Dead: Audrey Hepburn. She was amazing.
Now answer her question for YOU:
When were you sure you wanted to be a mom? If you didn't, what is it that you like the most now that you are one?