Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: MBorati-Collins

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:44 PM
  • 9 Replies

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, MBorati-Collins, spends most of her time in the CafeMom Newcomers Club, among a few others.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
The first time I had to take Allie to the ER. My husband was overseas and Allie started having skin eruptions. She was so scared and fragile, and I just wanted to cry. But I couldn't. I had to be strong for her.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
I wouldn't know. Here, or the Cafe, maybe the Park Bench.

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
I love that everyone here is honest. I'm not looking for a group who sugar coats it, and women here are nice and honest at the same time.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
I love traveling. But if the question is about the spare hours in my day, I'd say reading.

5. What are your favorites:
Book: David Copperfield
Movie: Breakfast at Tiffany's
Song: Seasons in The Sun by The Beach Boys
Food: French Macaroons
Place to travel to: Bali

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
Alyson Hannigan. I don't know, she just seems so down to earth and fun.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Relax. Your baby loves you, you're amazing, and everything is going to be alright.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
Happy.

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
When I was really young, I wanted to be a florist. Now I'm a lawyer.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
Alive: The queen. It must be so awesome.
Dead: Audrey Hepburn. She was amazing.

Now answer her question for YOU: 

When were you sure you wanted to be a mom? If you didn't, what is it that you like the most now that you are one?

by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
nsanti
by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I've always wanted to be a mom; i married at 25 and started to try and get preg right away d/t my age; after 3 yrs, it wasn't working and i got really depressed and was put on meds for depression. After 3 D&C's, I did in vitro and in august of 2005 , my daughter, who was due on 9-11, came early, due to complications--in an emergency c-section, weighing 4-8----I always tell her she was less than a bag of sugar when she asks me :)  Now, she's 6, bright as hell, beautiful and i can't say enough about her !

VintageWife
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Great interview!

I always wanted to be a mom. There was never a question in my mind that I wouldn't have kids. I had ideas of things I'd like to do when I got older, but mom was always the top priority.

Donnab6395
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Wow, I always wanted to be a mother, as far back as I can remember I wanted to be one. Then I miscarried & then found out that I could get pregnant again after that & I wanted to be Mom even more. Even now I'll be 45 soon & I raised 3 step-children & I still want to be a Mom. I want a baby so bad that it hurts but I know it will never be. I'll just have to really, really spoil my grandbabies. LOL

LuvMyBrennaBean
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I always knew I wanted to be a mom, that was the only thing I truly ever wanted in life. 

cmeeso
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Same.

Quoting LuvMyBrennaBean:

I always knew I wanted to be a mom, that was the only thing I truly ever wanted in life. 

christi34
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I didn't want to be a mom until after i had kids. I know that's backwards but that's how it worked out. I got pregnant at a young age 18 and I had her at 19. Then three years later I had my second, then third and then fourth. Now I wouldn't know how to live a life without my kids. They are my world, my everything.

sasha12345
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I did not want kids until until i got pregnant an heard my babys heart beat an then they just kept coming an i had 7 beautiful babies to love me an for me to love them an protect an nurture i cant breath without my babies i love them so much

Anna.K
by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:50 PM

it wasnt plan, when they came to mylife, i know everything is going to be alright.. love them equally and always the best intentions at heart

Heartmusic
by on May. 21, 2012 at 4:31 AM
I always wanted to be a mom. Today I have 3 beautiful daughters and countless children that I love and care for,just because they are in my life. They have come into my life through my children and I cannot imagine loving and nurturing them less because I did not give birth to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)