Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm not a morning person vent

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM
  • 52 Replies
I know not everyone is night person just as not everyone is a morning person. But really you dont need to come into my home and say "really she's still asleep" like it 3 in the afternoon when its 10am. Really I'm asleep and really I'm not a morning person. This just annoys me because its like morning people assume the everyone is a morning person. I usually ask someone if they are morning people because I'm not at all. My son isnt a morning person at all either. Also it's a fact I will probably always sleep longer then anyone my age because of health problems.
sorry about the vent its my birthday and my landlords friend felt the need to make it known that my butt should be out of bed at 10. I work sometimes it is other times it's not.

Just to clarify somethings I can get up before 10am I've done it. I sometimes have to be up as early as 7am. That doesnt mean I wont do it. If there is something schedualed which requires me to get up I will. My brother is living with me right now ans he is up at 6am. Since he was up I figured he would watch ds since he has always said he would. If my brother wasnt here I would be up when ds wakes because thats what I used to do. Its the simple annoyance that people assume everyone should be up before 10.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Livinwith3boys
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM

sleeping until 10 is a little late for "not a morning person" What are you going to do when your kids are in school and have to be at the bus stop at 7:30? Sure, not everyone is a "morning person" but as adults, we get up, and get over it!!!

cmeeso
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Happy Birthday!

I'm not a morning person either, I need to force myself everyday to get out of bed at 7am.

ColieO
by I Rock on May. 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I sleep til 10 sometimes. I get up early only on the days I absolutely have to. It's what works for us. Sleeping in doesn't mean you aren't an adult.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

sleeping until 10 is a little late for "not a morning person" What are you going to do when your kids are in school and have to be at the bus stop at 7:30? Sure, not everyone is a "morning person" but as adults, we get up, and get over it!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momswag
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:42 PM
2 moms liked this

What does sleeping in have to do with being a "morning person"? I have always worked under the notion that being a "morning person" means you wake up easily and find it easy to be productive, etc in the morning. To not be a "morning person" would mean, you find it difficult to wake up and preform tasks in the morning... 

You'd have to actually BE UP in the morning to not be a morning person, it was 10 am and you were sleeping... 

sidneyb
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:44 PM
To anwser your question I DO GET UP BEFORE 8AM for work. As for school online public school.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livinwith3boys
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

It is lazy. period....Using the excuse "I'm not a morning person" to sleep until 10 is lazy. Perhaps, if you (general) got up earlier, it would be easier to go to bed at a decent hour, thus making the mornings a little easier!

Quoting ColieO:

I sleep til 10 sometimes. I get up early only on the days I absolutely have to. It's what works for us. Sleeping in doesn't mean you aren't an adult.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

scorpiomama1985
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I HATE MORNINGS !! Even if I go to bed at 9 at night I still have a really hard time getting up at 6 or 7 ive been like that my whole life ... It sucks sometimes :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Lol it is but usually before 10am I'm a zombie if awake and then very very crouchy. My family didnt and doesnt wake up before 8 on Christmas.

Quoting momswag:

What does sleeping in have to do with being a "morning person"? I have always worked under the notion that being a "morning person" means you wake up easily and find it easy to be productive, etc in the morning. To not be a "morning person" would mean, you find it difficult to wake up and preform tasks in the morning... 

You'd have to actually BE UP in the morning to not be a morning person, it was 10 am and you were sleeping... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmeeso
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I'm exactly the same way.

Quoting scorpiomama1985:

I HATE MORNINGS !! Even if I go to bed at 9 at night I still have a really hard time getting up at 6 or 7 ive been like that my whole life ... It sucks sometimes :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN