Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

in the hospital - update

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

Update:
Baby girl is home and resting. The doctor says she will be fine, kids are tough. Accidents happen, and not to beat myself up. Yea, easier said then done. I installed locks on the windows in the kids rooms. Only way they can open is by me. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers y'all.

My beautiful little girl fell four feet from an open window straight on her little head.

My son had an accident in his room and after we cleaned it up we left the window cracked, and shut the door.
He must've went back in his room and opened it the rest of the way and then forgot to shut his door back.
My dd got up from her nap and I left her in the living room with my sil so I could use the bathroom. My sil didn't realize that she had wondered into his room until it was to late.

We've been here since 4 and so far she is okay. They aren't doing a ct or anything. They're monitoring her for now.
They took blood when we arrived and it came back that her lactic acid was high and so they wanted to do an IV. She had one already in that the trauma team put in when she got here so they used that. It was wrapped up really good so when the nurse flushed it she thought it was okay, she started the iv. My dd screamed bloody murder, and before we could stop her she ripped it out. Turns out that the iv was no good and the fluids were going into her tissues not her vein.

They've tried over ten times for a new one and were prepared to keep going. Dh and I said hell no. They're trying to push fluids to see if it'll help bring it down.

I'm a nervous wreck and feel so guilty for this. I'm worried about her. Please pray for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on May. 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I'm soooo sorry momma. Prayers coming your and her way...HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS

momgirlsx2
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Sorry mamma.......hope she is ok.

CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Don't beat yourself up mama, accidents happen:(

Why don't they bring in an IV team for the IV, I would want her to have it. Better to be safe than sorry.  I'm surprised they aren't doing a ct, but it has been since 4 and she seems fine so those are all really good signs!

Hugs mama! 

kmjmlj
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Hope she's ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I hope she's ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitty18
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:47 PM
They did. They couldn't even get it!
They're going to recheck her levels in a little bit and if it hasn't come down they will put it in.
She just needed a break. They have stuck her so much her arms and legs are bruised up from the actual sticking and from being held.

Quoting CABZS:

Why don't they bring in an IV team for the IV, I would want her to have it. Better to be safe than sorry.  I'm surprised they aren't doing a ct, but it has been since 4 and she seems fine so those are all really good signs!

Hugs mama! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samanthaleah84
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Agree. My DD is a sick little girl and a very hard stick. A normal nurse has never been able to get an IV in. It is always a NICU nurse, an anesthegiologist (bad spelling), or a trauma flight team. And this is at children's hoapitals.

Quoting CABZS:

Hugs mama! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitty18
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:53 PM
They've tried the trauma team nurses, the icu nurses, and an iv team. No one can get it. That's just the people they called in other the floor nurses and lab.

Quoting samanthaleah84:

Agree. My DD is a sick little girl and a very hard stick. A normal nurse has never been able to get an IV in. It is always a NICU nurse, an anesthegiologist (bad spelling), or a trauma flight team. And this is at children's hoapitals.

Quoting CABZS:

Hugs mama! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samanthaleah84
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Hooefully they get it if its needed. It is so frustrating. My husband and I always tell them not to waste their time & call in the good ones right away. The nurses always look and then back way off and agree with us.

I hope you are able to take her home soon!

Quoting mitty18:

They've tried the trauma team nurses, the icu nurses, and an iv team. No one can get it. That's just the people they called in other the floor nurses and lab.

Quoting samanthaleah84:

Quoting CABZS:

Hugs mama! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)