Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you take your kids to this day care?

Posted by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:16 PM
  • 27 Replies
I don't have a picture of it but this place was a funeral home\ morturary about a year ago. It was closed and now had a new paint job but the fact is laterally hundreds of dead bodies have been in this place.

Would you take your children to this day care or would you be a bit stand off-ish?

Please bare in mind this is a small town and almost everyone of us have had a relative or friend here at some point.

EDIT: I don't believe in hauntings or spirits...that's not what this post is about. I just found it odd and unsettling. I just dislike being around death in general and this place just reminds me too much of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christi34
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I don't think so. Reason being, there is no telling what spirits have been left behind and I don't want one attaching itself to my child nor do I want my child coming home talking about some dead person. No thank you!

alwayskk
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM

There is a daycare that used to be a funeral home in my hometown. When I first heard about it, it gave me the creeps. But any space can be transformed. And to be honest, funeral parlors are probably better taken care of and more clean than the typical residential home.

alwayskk
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Okay, lol. ^^^

Kaybean
by Kayleen on May. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Yes, I would. I wouldn't buy into all that spirit and haunted crap. That's just silly IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by Long legged mama on May. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM
I don't believe in the soul contuine after death. But I am also anti daycare cause I worked in them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arigdon4
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM
I don't believe in hauntings or spirits...that's not what this post is about. I just found it odd and unsettling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris.
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM
I don't see why it would even be a big deal.
And sorry, but I lol'd at the spirit thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Homeschoolmom99
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Here our Jr. League is a former funeral home and I love it its creepy in the basement but the rest is just fine. Honestly more are of the craftsman style homes and have tons of built ins and huge open spaces I would send my child but I would tell them to find someone that could bless the place

Quoting alwayskk:

There is a daycare that used to be a funeral home in my hometown. When I first heard about it, it gave me the creeps. But any space can be transformed. And to be honest, funeral parlors are probably better taken care of and more clean than the typical residential home.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 18, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Sure,there are no longer dead bodies there I hope lol.

supermom.sv
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Nope. I wouldn't even think about sending them in my dreams.

And that is a horrible place to choose IMO to start a new day care. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)