Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you did not nurse your child...

Posted by   + Show Post
I don't care what your reasons and I don't want a discussion about how you fed your child, right or wrong. Please, no arguments on the merits of BF vs. FF. I simply am looking for insight into the availability of information regarding donated milk.

So, if you did not nurse your child....

Did you consider feeding donated milk? Why or why not? Did you know it was available?

If you did feed donated milk, how long did you give it and where did you obtain it?

Thanks!
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
GomezMami2908
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

No i did not. I did know about it, but am not interested.

atyou
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM
My son...who was premature...did receive a small amount of donor milk.

Eta...he received it while in the NICU.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
getoesuepastah
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM

ive heard of it , but im thought it was for third world countries only,   i would have no idea were to get it, and i wouldnt feed my kid someonem elses milk unless i knew them personally  (my sister breastfed my dd once )

missheathyr
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm I have never heard of donated milk. I just gave my boys formula when I had to stop breast feeding. I suppose I would research it and possibly considered it if i knew it was an option.  

Aydans_Mommy
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Had I known that donor milk was an option, yes I would have used it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I did not nurse

No - there was no such thing

KedrynsMommie
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:57 PM
I didn't know about it but i probably wouldve.. i didn't even produce :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrp0606
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I exlusively pumped for 13 months and then used freezer stash to get us to 17 months of breastmilk.

i did know about donor milk but the way I looked at it this was my child and my responsiblity to feed him so I wasnt going to let someone else do my work for me.   If I had not been able to pump enough to cover him under a year I probably would have considered it more seriously.  From what I could tell though it is really difficult to secure enough to cover a child 100% on breastmilk just using donor milk.  I figured my BEST chance of ensuring my child was EBF was to give him my milk.  And our nursing problems had nothing to do with my supply.  He was simply unable to move milk on the boob.

jrp0606
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I did DONATE milk through eats on feets on facebook and human milk for human babies.   

3LittleMonstrs
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I knew about it and no I wasn't interested. Who knows what the donor(s) do in their spare time. I have other reasons but no reason to post them since this is going to break out into a bash fest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)