Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I never thought I'd cry so much over a dog :(

Posted by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:36 AM
  • 20 Replies
We're moving to Hawaii next month (not by choice) and can't afford to take out Boxer with us right away, so he's staying with my parents until we can save up enough money to fly him to the island and go through the quarantine requirements, etc. A friend of ours paid $1500 per dog for his family's Boxers, and we just won't have extra money until after we move and get settled. I know my boy is in good hands and my parents spoil him, they love him. But I just miss him so much. I think about him, I cry. I look at his pictures, I cry. I listen to my friend talk abou her Boxers or see their pictures, I cry. I know I'm getting my boy back in a few months, it's just hard being apart from him. We've had him for 3 years, he's absolutely the perfect dog. I couldn't have asked for a better companion when my DH is away...besides the kids of course. But Tyson keeps me company after the kids are in bed. But now he's not here, and I'm realizing just how much he means to me.
I can't wait to get him back.

And I know there will be some you who will bash me, you'll tell me I'm a bad pet owner because I abandoned him, etc. So read carefully. I'm not abandoning him. He is in good hands with my parents, for a very temporary stay...6 months max. There was no way in hell I was about to give him up, give him to some family I don't know and never see him again. So what you may see as a "disposable pet" situation, I see as me and my husband doing what is right so we can save up to get our dog to where we're going.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 1:39 AM
5 moms liked this
Skype him! Lol. Seriously.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs0710
by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I want to! I'm just waiting for my mom to download Skype on her computer.

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Aww momma! I feel the same way about our hunter boy to!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Great minds think alike (;

Quoting lovebugs0710:

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs0710
by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:42 AM
It's just so weird without him here. I was cleaning the other day and found his favorite stuffie (stuffed animal toy). I broke down. My DS(4) asked my why I was crying, then he saw the stuffie and he started crying.

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs0710
by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:44 AM
I've tried talking to him on the phone, but he's not a barker at all. All I could hear was him breathing and his tail smacking the wall or something (original owners didn't get it docked).

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

Great minds think alike (;

Quoting lovebugs0710:

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 1:58 AM

He will be alright and when you guys have everything ready to go and he has finally his ticket then he will join you. It's hard being away from your fur baby but think about the day you'll go to the airport and can pick him up. Everything is ready and waiting for him and he will be so excited to see you again and will slobber you all over :)
Have you checked out the short time or no time quarantine requirements? If you're lucky he flies in and you can pick him up as soon as he's unloaded.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Aww!  I wouldn't like being apart from my new puppy.  He's a 5 month old Boxador and is totally adorable and to me is the perfect dog already.  Tyson will be back with you soon. *hugs*

Mommyof2n0308
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Aww. I know!!!! We lost 2 of our family digs for over 13 years in my moms house fire. One of the hardest things ever. Just know he will be back and he misses you just as much!!!*hugs*

Quoting lovebugs0710:

It's just so weird without him here. I was cleaning the other day and found his favorite stuffie (stuffed animal toy). I broke down. My DS(4) asked my why I was crying, then he saw the stuffie and he started crying.

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
s.t.e.p.h
by on May. 19, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Pets are family and no doubt it's hard to be separated! I agree with Skyping with him. We Skype with my sister and one of my dogs is super attached to her, so he'll sit on my lap while we Skype and he'll watch her the whole time. Hang in there momma...like you said, it's temporary, not forever and soon enough you'll be reunited!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)