Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

im guess im going to have to get a guardian al item...EDIT

Posted by on May. 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM
  • 60 Replies

and thats fine...but i wish i didnt need to...

stbxh and i have been fighting back and forth about placement with our dd....

he doesnt use the time he is supposed to have her anyways but wants to fight with me over 5050.... right now we have 5050 as a temp order but he hasnt seen her since 3-31. and he wont see her till june...maybe (COMPLETELY HIS CHOICE BTW) 

I WAS really hoping that at our next court date that we would just be divorced and have everything settled...but idk if thats going to happen. because of me. 

he has finally agreed to me having majority placement and dd going to school here when she gets to that age...

but he doesnt want to pay any cs. which he doesnt now! but he wants it closed and wants no financial obligations to dd at all.... and while yes i would agree to it because i am the more stable home...i am already supporting dd fulltime anyways...idk if the judge/courts will allow this and i feel like the judge might look down on me for agreeing to this....

idk...i dont want to be difficult, i even told stbxh i would agree to let go of his arrears (1200) and agree to him being on a low income level of cs (75 a month only) but no

it has to be no cs and i get dd full time or we get a guardian al item... am i being unfair?

i have some time to think about this....

EDIT: OK SORRY I WAS TIRED AND STRESSED LASTNIGHT WHEN I WROTE THIS..... OK... SO 

1. HE WAS ORDERED IN NOV 2011 TO PAY 257 A MONTH IN CS AND HAVE DD EVERY OTHER WEEKEND.

2. WE HAVE HAD ISSUES OF HIM HAVING DD SINCE DAY 1 OF VISITATION, HE DIDNT HAVE A LICENSE FOR A WHILE, HE WOULD CHANGE TIMES, BRING HER HOME EARLY, CANCEL LAST MIN, HIS GF KICKED HIM OUT 2X WHILE DD WAS THERE AND SO I HAD TO GET HER..1 TIME AT MIDNIGHT...SMH.

3. THE JUDGE KNOWS ALL THIS ALREADY BUT IN MILWAUKEE JUDGES WILL NOT CHOOSE WHAT IS BEST FOR THE CHILD. IDK WHY ITS LIKE THAT, BUT THEY GET A GAL. 

4. I AM WILLING TO LET THE ARREARS BE DROPPED (IF I MUST) OR BE TAKEN TO A LOWER AMOUNT SINCE HE WASNT WORKING FOR A WHILE.

5. I PROPOSED THAT HE PAY THE LOW INCOME OF CS. WHICH IS 75 A MONTH ACCORDING TO THE CS WEBSITE. BUT HE SAID NO. HE WANTS NO CS. 

6. I *WAS* CONSIDERING IT JUST ON THE FACT THAT I AM SO SICK OF PUTTING OFF THIS DIVORCE AND I FEEL I CANT MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE UNTIL WE ARE DIVORCED. HE DOESNT PAY CS ANYWAYS CUZ HE JOB JUMPS, AND I KNOW THAT HE WILL EVENTUALLY NOT CALL, TEXT, SEE DD AT ALL AND THEN A YEAR LATER I WILL BE TERMING HIS RIGHTS SO HE CANT JUST COME IN AND OUT OF OUR LIVES AS HE CHOOSES.  I BELIEVE A PARENT IS EITHER ALL IN OR ALL OUT. NOT HALF ASSED. 

HE DID THAT TO HIS OLDEST AND SHE HATES HIM SO MUCH FOR IT (SHES 6) AND I DONT WANT THAT FOR DD. I KNOW MANY OF U WILL KNOW WHAT I MEAN. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS ASK :)

(FYI WE HAVE NO LAWYERS CANT AFFORD THEM)

by on May. 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma4vr
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 7:22 PM

BUMP!

momma4vr
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

BUMP!

momma4vr
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM

BUMP!

momma4vr
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM

noone has any input?

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2012 at 8:08 PM
I don't think your being unfair
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soon2bmommyof2
by on May. 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Find a pro bono lawyer! Goodluck mama :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firefly63701
by on May. 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM
I havent been through this but most attorneys have free consults. I would go and see what advice they may give you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4vr
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Quoting bbyblueAK:

I don't think your being unfair

i dont think so either.... and i think if i go saying i dont need cs for dd the judge will look down on me for not wanting financial help from the other person that helped make her you know? i am really hoping he doesnt see dd at all before court (i know that sounds so bad but he doesnt see her as is) and when we go i can have even more leverage.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2012 at 8:11 PM
He should be paying cs. It sounds like he's tryi g to give all resonsablity to you and he has none. I would tell him he's cs even if he doesnt want to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4vr
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Quoting soon2bmommyof2:

Find a pro bono lawyer! Goodluck mama :)

i am thinking of it...but im also wanting me damn divorce and all this to be over... i have to take time off of work which i just am starting (and i have a set schedule so i wouldnt beable to switch stuff around) and drive 16 hrs round trip for being seen in court for 30 minutes... i cant keep doing that you know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)