Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My niece shoved my son down the stairs onto cement on Friday night. His tooth almost came through his top lip. The swelling looks like it's going down we've been doing ibprofen and popsicles he's looking slightly better today and he says he feels just fine he just still looks aweful :(

I'm sure it will take a few good days for his lip to start going down...that was a lot of trauma to his lip...

My ex and I had court on Thursday for him to have parenting time and for us to work out a schedule...well tomorrow is his first day and he hasn't seen our son in a while. He's going to FREAK OUT when he see our son's lip...

God I'm so angry at my niece...she's 5 and she KNOWS better than to push people down the stairs!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
                                 Lilypie - (dCon)

by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
trishasjunebug
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I also don't like that when he's got our son I have no way of getting a hold of him he only has our son 2 days a week for 5 hours but it's still a smart idea to have contact in case something ever happened. He's not mad at me he told me, he told me he's upset because it feels like he lost his family to someone else, I'd love to be civil and friendly and communicate with him for our children's sake. I just wish he'd do the same this could be so much easier on everyone...

Quoting TheMrs407:

I hope so.  That's pretty scary.  I know you just got finished with all the court crap, but I'd almost go back and demand that you had a way to get a hold of him. 

Quoting trishasjunebug:

The medi center looked at it really good and said he doesn't need stitches so I took the doctor's word for it and did what he told me to. The hang ups with his dad are on him, I've tried communication, he went to jail and I found someone new, got engaged and got pregnant and now he's bitter and refuses to even let me have his number so I can talk to him regarding our child. Maybe this busted lip and me not being able to call him and tell him will change his mind about having no communication.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Does it close on it's own?  Just because it's stopped bleeding doesn't mean it doesn't need stitches.  I would take him some where else to have it looked at....and get over your hang ups with his dad.  Your child is more important than your pride (your ex is at fault here too).  What if he had died or something far worse than a busted lip had happened?

Quoting trishasjunebug:

He went to the medi center when it happened and the bleeding stopped on it's own so no stitches were needed thank god, just ibprofen every 4 hours and ice to keep the swelling down. His dad and I don't talk, I don't even know his number so he won't know about his lip until he picks him up tomorrow for his parenting time.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Did you take him to the hospital?  Does he need a stich or two?  Why doesn't he dad already know about his lip?

Lilypie - (dCon)

TheMrs407
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I would have a hard time taking him seriously.  He sounds kind of manipulative from what you say.

Quoting trishasjunebug:

I also don't like that when he's got our son I have no way of getting a hold of him he only has our son 2 days a week for 5 hours but it's still a smart idea to have contact in case something ever happened. He's not mad at me he told me, he told me he's upset because it feels like he lost his family to someone else, I'd love to be civil and friendly and communicate with him for our children's sake. I just wish he'd do the same this could be so much easier on everyone...

Quoting TheMrs407:

I hope so.  That's pretty scary.  I know you just got finished with all the court crap, but I'd almost go back and demand that you had a way to get a hold of him. 

Quoting trishasjunebug:

The medi center looked at it really good and said he doesn't need stitches so I took the doctor's word for it and did what he told me to. The hang ups with his dad are on him, I've tried communication, he went to jail and I found someone new, got engaged and got pregnant and now he's bitter and refuses to even let me have his number so I can talk to him regarding our child. Maybe this busted lip and me not being able to call him and tell him will change his mind about having no communication.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Does it close on it's own?  Just because it's stopped bleeding doesn't mean it doesn't need stitches.  I would take him some where else to have it looked at....and get over your hang ups with his dad.  Your child is more important than your pride (your ex is at fault here too).  What if he had died or something far worse than a busted lip had happened?

Quoting trishasjunebug:

He went to the medi center when it happened and the bleeding stopped on it's own so no stitches were needed thank god, just ibprofen every 4 hours and ice to keep the swelling down. His dad and I don't talk, I don't even know his number so he won't know about his lip until he picks him up tomorrow for his parenting time.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Did you take him to the hospital?  Does he need a stich or two?  Why doesn't he dad already know about his lip?

kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Is this the first time he gets to see his son? I mean you say parenting time like a court appointed thing. And what punishment was given to your niece for pushing him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trishasjunebug
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Oh he is...big time.

Quoting TheMrs407:

I would have a hard time taking him seriously.  He sounds kind of manipulative from what you say.

Quoting trishasjunebug:

Quoting TheMrs407:

Quoting trishasjunebug:

Quoting TheMrs407:

Quoting trishasjunebug:

Quoting TheMrs407:

Lilypie - (dCon)

trishasjunebug
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:40 AM

He saw his son last year before he got locked up in jail...he requesting parenting time in court so tomorrow is his first time seeing him after he's been out of jail on his own time. And I'm not sure what punishment she got, I took my son inside to clean him off and take him in to be seen, all I know is my SIL NEVER punishes her...that's why she also bites kids at school and makes them bleed...

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Is this the first time he gets to see his son? I mean you say parenting time like a court appointed thing. And what punishment was given to your niece for pushing him?

Lilypie - (dCon)

EsmeVincent
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I would make sure that you have his teeth looked at to make sure there is nothing wrong with his teeth. My ds ran into a wall(he had his eyes closed) and busted his face...both his 2 front teeth roots were broken and are gone...now he will lose those 2 teeth within the year.
I hope little man feels better asap and I would just explain to your ex what happened and then say 'well if I had a phone number for you I would have been able to tell you when it happened'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trishasjunebug
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:42 AM

We are calling his dentist tomorrow morning to get him in, over one of his teeth the gum is bruised and his tooth is a little crooked now and he tells me that tooth hurts so I'm sure that one is broken somewhere and will fall out soon...hopefully none of his other teeth are damaged :(

Quoting EsmeVincent:

I would make sure that you have his teeth looked at to make sure there is nothing wrong with his teeth. My ds ran into a wall(he had his eyes closed) and busted his face...both his 2 front teeth roots were broken and are gone...now he will lose those 2 teeth within the year.
I hope little man feels better asap and I would just explain to your ex what happened and then say 'well if I had a phone number for you I would have been able to tell you when it happened'

Lilypie - (dCon)

cherrywaves21
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:46 AM
I would be explaining with a quickness to your SIL why you and your son will NOT be coming around. Poor guy:(. I wonder how long it will take before she gets kicked out of school. I thought all schools had a zero tolerance policy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Thats how ds gums looked right after...it might take a little bit for the pain to go away...make sure you cut food up small so he doesnt have to use the front ones as much while it heals, that will help with whatever damage is there if any

Quoting trishasjunebug:

We are calling his dentist tomorrow morning to get him in, over one of his teeth the gum is bruised and his tooth is a little crooked now and he tells me that tooth hurts so I'm sure that one is broken somewhere and will fall out soon...hopefully none of his other teeth are damaged :(

Quoting EsmeVincent:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Sandy on May. 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I am sorry your son got hurt. I read the replies and If you have no phone number how do you get a hold of him? Your child will be with him and you have no way to call? What happens if there is something important going on?

The swelling should go down in a day or two. I hit a coffee table corner when I was that age. Went right through the lip. No scar or anything remaining. If my mom hadn't told me I would never have known.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)