Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Tummy tuck anyone?? Maybe some TMI

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 2:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

This is what I will be getting next year around tax season. A tummy tuck and lipo. Of course I have to do what I can myself to lose a little weight but he is going to pay for me to get some things done.
Mostly because I have an extra little pouch that is causing problems for me.
When I was prego with my DD I developed a little pocket of water just above where they do the C-section incision. It was pretty large and actually stretched the skin out. After I had her THAT particular part lost all the water that was in it and now it hangs over my incision scar. Right now I am a bit bigger than usual but even when I wasn't this big I still had an issue with it being the only skin hanging over that spot.
What happens is it covers the scar, and then sweat and heat gets trapped and it starts getting a rash. I wash it every time I take a shower but it still causes problems and usually I don't notice until it starts itching.

Now there have been times the rash has gotten bad, like when its really hot outside and I start sweating when I am working out. If it were any other part of my body I would feel it before it got to that point but I cannot feel anything at all in that area, well except for the itching which I can't actually scratch(it's really weird to explain) and I cannot wear anything that even touches the scar because it "hurts"...which it doesn't hurt like normal I can just tell its uncomfortable, again hard to explain LOL.
I also have this problem where the muscle under my belly button just is unable to "snap" back where it needs to be(Thanks to my sweet DD). I have worked and done countless sit ups and everything else that supposedly "helps" but the only thing that got anything was my upper abs.

SO I am going to lose about 10 to 15lbs(totally doable in 9 months) and when we get our tax return next year we are going to get that part of my flabby belly fixed.

I also have to do some research to find out best place, cost, all that kind of stuff.
So I have one question for you ladies, has anyone had a tummy tuck? How much was it? Anything you could pass on to me?

by on May. 20, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JSVDP
by on May. 20, 2012 at 2:53 PM

BUMP!

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on May. 20, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never get one, heres a bump

treeswallow
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I want to get one, but can't afford it, and don't have the option of using any or all of the tax refund on the surgery. I had diastasis with both pregnancies, both my kids were big, and I had 2 c-sections. I have a distended belly and some flab. Good luck with the research, finding a doctor you can trust, and with getting the surgery done...Oh, and when I did go to a few places, in hopes that I could get insurance to cover a little bit, because I was having some health issues related to my diastasis, I did find out that the whole operation would be between 11K-13K, depending on where you go and who does it... 

beerebelly
by on May. 24, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Yes I had one. It was about $6000. It went well and the results are great, I would do it again in a heartbeat. However, when you mentioned your scar hurting when anything touches it, just wait until you have a TT scar. It goes from hip to hip. It is now uncomfortable for me to wear jeans even a year and a half later bc they rub the scar. So if you are sensitve to the one you have now, it will be 10x worse with the TT scar.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN