Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

She refuses to potty... HELP!!

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:50 PM
  • 51 Replies

My DD is 3 and has been interested in potty training for over a year. We try and then she stops, so I don't force it. She is very intelligent, so I'm trying to potty train her now, but she refuses. 

She tells me when she needs to pee, and she is usually successful, but she refuses to poop. I will take her and she says no, "I don't have to." I take her off and the next minute, she poops in her panties or pull-up. I'm so confused!

I've tried everything... reward charts, getting her Diego panties, pull-ups, incentives, games, songs, DVDs. 

Please help! She is so stubborn, smart, and independent.

by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Maybe put a tub of warm water with some toys and let her play with that until she goes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Make her clean up the mess.

If she is smart she understands, when I poop on myself I have to clean it up and I don't like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbysmommy429
by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Okay, so just make her stay there with the tub of toys? 

I have tried the Kindle and Ipod, but those don't really hold her attention. Books don't work anymore either. haha

I will try water tomorrow. 

Thanks!

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Maybe put a tub of warm water with some toys and let her play with that until she goes?

usmc.momma
by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:54 PM
I agree with this

Quoting happymommy1105:

If she is smart she understands, when I poop on myself I have to clean it up and I don't like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbysmommy429
by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:55 PM

That seems so mean to me, but DH said the same thing. When she poops in her panties, it's such a mess and she does it on purpose ... ugh! I guess I need to try something new.

Thanks.

Quoting happymommy1105:

abbysmommy429
by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Really, clean up everything... panties or pullup and wipe herself up and all?

Quoting usmc.momma:

I agree with this

Quoting happymommy1105:

abbysmommy429
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Bump!!!!

MyLittlePwny
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Pooping in the potty usually comes later. My daughter was the same way and one day it just clicked with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MilfShake26
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:05 PM
I bet it would work.

Quoting abbysmommy429:

Really, clean up everything... panties or pullup and wipe herself up and all?

Quoting usmc.momma:

I agree with this

Quoting happymommy1105:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kam2010
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Quoting happymommy1105:

I TOTALLY agree with this!!! When she realizes that she has to clean up her own poo and she has to touch it and smell that stinch up close, she wont like that and will run to get her little booty on that pot when she has to go!! Also, you CAN NOT give up because she refuses to go. You have to be consistent with it. Reward her when she goes and use some type of punishment when she doesnt go. Keep at it mom and she will learn!!! I have a 2yr old son right now that I'm potty training so I know how hard it is. Good Luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN