Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My DD is 3 and has been interested in potty training for over a year. We try and then she stops, so I don't force it. She is very intelligent, so I'm trying to potty train her now, but she refuses. 

She tells me when she needs to pee, and she is usually successful, but she refuses to poop. I will take her and she says no, "I don't have to." I take her off and the next minute, she poops in her panties or pull-up. I'm so confused!

I've tried everything... reward charts, getting her Diego panties, pull-ups, incentives, games, songs, DVDs. 

Please help! She is so stubborn, smart, and independent.

by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
brlee1115
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:20 PM
I've done the same thing. Even had him clean out his undies.

Quoting usmc.momma:

I agree with this

Quoting happymommy1105:

Make her clean up the mess.

If she is smart she understands, when I poop on myself I have to clean it up and I don't like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connie45
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

This worked for my  then 3 yrold - and damn quick.

Quoting happymommy1105:

If she is smart she understands, when I poop on myself I have to clean it up and I don't like that.

abbysmommy429
by Valerie on May. 20, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I did that, but she didn't care because the panties had pink in them. She hates pink! She was happy to get rid of them. It's so hard to find things w/o pink. I am buying boy pull ups (Diego) and underwear now, so that might work this time!!! Thanks!

Quoting glamorousamber:

When my kids would poop in their "big boy" underwear...I would tell them to go put them in the trash. It only took a couple of times.

abbysmommy429
by Valerie on May. 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I just always thought it was this easy process; when they were ready it would happen quickly and easily. Ummm... she is so stubborn and I guess she will be cleaning out panties this week. lol

Quoting brlee1115:

Quoting usmc.momma:

I agree with this

Quoting happymommy1105:

ShellGardner
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Have her run around naked I doubt shed poop on the floor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbysmommy429
by Valerie on May. 20, 2012 at 6:30 PM

She hates being naked; she will not even wear a skirt w/o leggings. She likes to be covered up!

Quoting ShellGardner:

emmy526
by Emmy on May. 20, 2012 at 6:30 PM

nope, she'll hide behind something and do it deliberately when no one's looking...

Quoting ShellGardner:

brlee1115
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Another way would be to get her plain panties and princess panties. If she messes in the princess panties, put her in the ugly ones. I would totally get rid of the pull ups though.

Quoting abbysmommy429:

I just always thought it was this easy process; when they were ready it would happen quickly and easily. Ummm... she is so stubborn and I guess she will be cleaning out panties this week. lol

Quoting brlee1115:

Quoting usmc.momma:

I agree with this

Quoting happymommy1105:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smarlis01
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM
I just went through this with my daughter. The same exact scenario- so when she told me she had to go, then tried to get up I made her sit there. She cried & pitched a fit. She even turned towards the wall while on the potty. Then she finally pooped & I made a huge deal out of it. After that it was hit or miss the next couple of days but now she's a pro! I've heard there's something traumatizing about pooping in the potty for them, but once they do it a few times they're ok. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but hang in there! I thought my dd would never poop on the potty, lol!
abbysmommy429
by Valerie on May. 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Any tips? Did you stay in the house for 3 days? Make her clean out her undies? Do pullups while out and about? She is wearing me down with how stubborn she is... she just says well, I don't want a treat for pooping anymore. lol She's tough!

Congratulations on your DD!!

Quoting smarlis01:

I just went through this with my daughter. The same exact scenario- so when she told me she had to go, then tried to get up I made her sit there. She cried & pitched a fit. She even turned towards the wall while on the potty. Then she finally pooped & I made a huge deal out of it. After that it was hit or miss the next couple of days but now she's a pro! I've heard there's something traumatizing about pooping in the potty for them, but once they do it a few times they're ok. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but hang in there! I thought my dd would never poop on the potty, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)