Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I forgot to RSVP...

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:57 PM
  • 42 Replies

I forgot to RSVP to my son's friend's party & I cannot find the invitation. : / The party is in an hour.

Usually I'm good at remembering such things but SO just deployed so my head has been a scrambled mess the last couple weeks. The party is at the theater on base, so the movies are free for everyone so its not like they'd have to suddenly buy another ticket.

Would it be rude of us to show up? This is Elijah's best friend at school, so it'd be a nice opportunity for me to meet his parents & set up potential play dates.

***The boys are five, btw.

by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this

yes 100% rude. sorry sometimes its not just about the price per child, but the party favors, the food, etc.

chaslee
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally would be thrilled if it were my childs best friend that came to the party.  I say go.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

yes 100% rude. sorry sometimes its not just about the price per child, but the party favors, the food, etc.

Right, I understand. Thats not even a big deal to us. I just want Elijah to go & have a good time with his friend. I thought if anything they could still watch the movie together. 

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2012 at 6:05 PM
I'm sure you aren't the only one who didn't rsvp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
incognito116
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I would still go.  An hour before is too late to RSVP anyway.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:08 PM
3 moms liked this

I would go, apologize for not RSVPing, explain that since your SO recently deployed you have been scatter brained.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM

i just think its funny that if this is your DSs BFF why the mom didnt call to confirm.    thats just me.  not sure how old your DS is.

but if it were me i would not be thrilled nor slightly amused you showed up, but wouldnt make a scene because it was my kids birthday.

i have witnessed kids and their parents being asked to leave parties because of this

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

I would go, apologize for not RSVPing, explain that since your SO recently deployed you have been scatter brained.

I hate to use that as an excuse, but its the truth. lol His dad is military so hopefully they'll understand.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on May. 20, 2012 at 6:11 PM

HUGS and my personal experience is ot everyone rsvp's so I made sure I had extras of everythig just in case..I'd go and explain why you didn't rsvp. 

Ali32
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:11 PM

It is rude to not RSVP and then show up BUT I think you can still go and apologize for not RSVPing. Can you at least call the parent to see if its alright to still come? As for goody bags and such, people usually have a couple of extra so I wouldn't worry about that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN