Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
So my husband, kids and I went to Target to pick up some dish detergent and candles. Carrying my baby and holding my toddler son and daughter's hands, I entered the store first. Just as we get inside, my little guy announces he needs to go to the potty. A man (complete stranger) standing just about a foot away from us, turns to me and says "I will take him for you."
Really, Mr. Stranger? I should tell my three year old to go with you to the bathroom?
I looked at him, completely shocked by his offer and said "no thank you, my husband is right behind me," Mr. Stranger disappears.
I'm still shocked by this... perhaps he was a creepy perv or perhaps he was really just a kind stranger. I don't know and I wasn't willing to risk it to find out. And honestly, if I had been there alone, I would have just taken all of us into the ladies room. It really wouldn't have been that big of a deal, I do it all of the time anyway, lol.
What would your thoughts/reactions have been?
by on May. 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
sparklebug86
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:35 PM

my thoughts are the same as yours!

heyma4
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:36 PM

That goes strictly in the creeper files.

steffiesweet
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:36 PM

creeper

Sarah961
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Same as yours. 

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Not kind stranger! I do not think a normal person would ask to take some person they do not know...kid to the bathroom. Beyond creepy. 

mommysangelface
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM

creepy.  

the way i am i would have told him he is steps one foot near my son i will castrate him. 

WendyJR
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Creepy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 20, 2012 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I am on the fence since i have always been (since teens) the type to offer to help someone out if they have more than one child with them.  If he gave you the bad feeling then he is in the creep files.  Thank goodness your husband was there though.

LectioDivina
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I was driving down a street with a bunch of apartments lining It... A homemade banner is hanging off one of the balconies reading :

" FREE BABYSITTING!"

MissMia22
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 8:45 PM

HELL NO! that screams pedo to me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)