Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

braxton hicks... please go away for a few hours!!

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:49 AM
  • 16 Replies

so today after walking the dog and a 19 month old for two miles, ever since i've had the worlds worst braxton hicks pains!!! no position is comfortable!!! my little belly tightens up so bad that i can feel pain all the way through my back and hips. Even the downstairs area feels like its stretching out!! i'm only 31 weeks, lol i hope my walk didnt send me into preterm labor!

by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabbysmom715
by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:51 AM
um I would go to l&d sounds more like labor to me. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on May. 21, 2012 at 1:59 AM

i dont know, last time i was pregnant i went in three times before they told me i was in labor, and the last time my water broke before labor even started lol 

Quoting Gabbysmom715:

um I would go to l&d sounds more like labor to me. Good luck

Elayna90
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you tried drinking a lot of water and laying on your left side for about an hour? If the answer is yes, I would go on on to L&D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on May. 21, 2012 at 2:29 AM

well i downed a huge bottle of gatorade, lol and yes i've been laying down since about 8 

Quoting Elayna90:

Have you tried drinking a lot of water and laying on your left side for about an hour? If the answer is yes, I would go on on to L&D

SarahLynn1985
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Instead of rushing to L&D i would call your doctor office, that is if they have a 24 hour help line or call L&D and ask them

Edit part:

Forgot to ask are they timeable?

Elayna90
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Have you tried timing it? Any decrease in fetal movement?

Quoting kmorales7690:

well i downed a huge bottle of gatorade, lol and yes i've been laying down since about 8 

Quoting Elayna90:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on May. 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM

i havent tried timing, and the baby still moves, but not as much as it usually does, 

Quoting Elayna90:

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Elayna90:

kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on May. 21, 2012 at 2:36 AM

i havent tried timing them, ill try calling the hospital i'm supposed to be havint it at!

Quoting SarahLynn1985:

Instead of rushing to L&D i would call your doctor office, that is if they have a 24 hour help line or call L&D and ask them

Edit part:

Forgot to ask are they timeable?

Elayna90
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Try timing and see what you get.

Baby movement is good. More than 5 per hour?

Is your belly getting hard all the way to the top?

Quoting kmorales7690:

i havent tried timing, and the baby still moves, but not as much as it usually does, 

Quoting Elayna90:

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Elayna90:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLynn1985
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Try timing them for a half hour ish before you call, because i'm sure they will ask that question the moment you tell them...So try drinking some more water and keep laying down and try timing them... Has the pain been getting worse since they started?

Quoting kmorales7690:

i havent tried timing them, ill try calling the hospital i'm supposed to be havint it at!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN