Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Baby shower question. Need some answers.

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:39 AM
  • 10 Replies
So tonight before I left church, one of my fellow church ladies came up to me. I've been around her quite a bit lately helping with church business.
Well she wanted to invite me to her daughter in laws baby shower she is throwing for her.
Well I am going to be out of town that day for one.
For two: I've never truly met her dil. I saw her once at our mother daughter church tea. She wasn't not very nice and her and her friend sat there and did the very childish girl thing where they talk about others. Namely me.
Also she is 20 yrs old and this is her second child. First boy.
I felt bad to tell her I couldn't go, cause I know she is trying to make it special.
So my question... Should I still make something for her dil as I would for any other baby shower I would attend. Or just simply brush it off?!?!
Help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stockuponlove
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelize
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I would get a card and maybe a small gift... I usually head for the clearance section and pick out a cute outfit for no more than $10... Even if you make that tiny effort towards the family they will appreciate it and it may make her rethink her actions towards you/ talking about you... I have had to do this a few times when I couldn't make a baby shower due to previous plans and I have never had a bad reaction about it...

Want to save 20% on all of your Passion needs this month? Come see what all the buzz is about!!! Enter "MAYLOVE" at checkout and recieve 20% off!!!

https://angelamalleis.yourpassionconsultant.com/

Susan262
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:47 AM

You sound like the kind of person that isn't going to be able to brush it off and be ok with that.  So you could send some little gift.  But if it was me, and I didn't really even know her I'd let it go.

stockuponlove
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:52 AM
Exactly. It would be more so for my church friend than for the dil.
I was thinking of just making a diaper and wipes holder for the diaper bag and maybe a few taggies.

Quoting angelize:

I would get a card and maybe a small gift... I usually head for the clearance section and pick out a cute outfit for no more than $10... Even if you make that tiny effort towards the family they will appreciate it and it may make her rethink her actions towards you/ talking about you... I have had to do this a few times when I couldn't make a baby shower due to previous plans and I have never had a bad reaction about it...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:53 AM
I know. My head says brush it off. But my heart says to just make a small kind gesture. Ugh lol

Quoting Susan262:

You sound like the kind of person that isn't going to be able to brush it off and be ok with that.  So you could send some little gift.  But if it was me, and I didn't really even know her I'd let it go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wheresthewayout
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Go find a clearance rack and just buy something in a few  sizes bigger and that way you will know deep down you tried to do something nice

stockuponlove
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. I think I'm going to end up doing something small. I just feel like even if she is catty I can have peace that I at least put forth the effort.

Quoting wheresthewayout:

Go find a clearance rack and just buy something in a few  sizes bigger and that way you will know deep down you tried to do something nice

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I would just brush it off.

But, that's just me.

Zanny
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:09 AM

I would send along a gift..

Like a package of diapers and a package of onsies & socks or something...

be the better person

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)