Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

It's safe to say I will NOT be sleeping tonight! Ahhhhhhh **warning nasty picture** Long

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:34 AM
  • 272 Replies

I just came in from the laundry room and started walking towards my room and notice above my door this GIANT fucking bug sitting above the door frame of my room. I freaked out! Dropped my laundry and ran back into the living room.

I see these things outside my apartments all the time, and they are all over the place during summer. I HATE THEM! These ugly hairy fuckers can FLY! I am ready to slap myself for leaving my dam door open tonight, cause they can get in under my screen door! Ughhhh!

I went into the kitchen and got my broom, my first thought was to kill it with that, but then I remembered they can fly and if I miss or don't kill it the first time, it will most likely fly at me, and I will probably kill myself trying to get out of the hall way! So yea, that is NOT a good idea. So I start searching through my cabinet in the hallway that has my cleaning supplies in it and I found lysol kitchen cleaner and scrubbing bubbles bathroom foam cleaner.

Ha! I will get this nasty thing. So I am reaching my hand as far up as I can, spraying it with lysol cleaner (I am short) and at the same time praying that it doesn't try to fly cause I will admit it I would probaby piss myself if that happened.

I soaked it with the lysol and it fell off the side of the wall and scared the crap out of me! So then I grabbed the foam cleaner and just started spraying, but this dam thing was trying to climb out of the foam. You would think by the time it stopped moving that it had snowed in my hallway.

I waited until all the foam cleared away, armed with a heavy book in my hand ready to drop on it. I finally saw it laying on its back twitching, so I grabbed my broom and dustpan and swept it up and quickly threw it into the toilet and flushed it.

Bug 0    Me 1 

But now I feel like I have shit crawling on me, and will have dreams of giant bugs chasing me in my sleep. Oh my gosh I hope that is the only one who made its way into my house!!!!

here is a picture of what it looked like that I found on google

by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LampPost
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:35 AM
AAAHHHHHH!!! Eff that, I'd pitch a tent in the back yard instead!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megankae
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:37 AM
Omg sooo gross!!!!!!

*eeeek!!*

Go you! That's totally how I kill bugs at my house too. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Noooo! They are all over outside in the grass, it's like they are attracted to the water or something.

Quoting LampPost:

AAAHHHHHH!!! Eff that, I'd pitch a tent in the back yard instead!

SOCO101
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:39 AM
6 moms liked this

It looks like a water bug. I had one crawl across my face one night when I was trying to fall asleep! I've jumped outta bed like a fucking ninja, lol!

Livinwith3boys
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this

That is umm, gross!! I would have pissed myself!!

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Yea it gave me the chills!

I need to buy some more bathroom cleaner now haha

Quoting Megankae:

Omg sooo gross!!!!!!

*eeeek!!*

Go you! That's totally how I kill bugs at my house too. :)

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:41 AM

oh my dam I would have flipped out!!!!!

Quoting SOCO101:

It looks like a water bug. I had one crawl across my face one night when I was trying to fall asleep! I've jumped outta bed like a fucking ninja, lol!

my1love
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:42 AM
Oh that's nasty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:42 AM

I freaked out when I saw it on my wall above my door, I was so scared

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

That is umm, gross!! I would have pissed myself!!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 3:43 AM
1 mom liked this

You made me laugh, I have done that exact same thing time and time again!  My sister is worse than I am, even!  Get the two of us together around a big hairy bug and it's $10,000 worth of video, for sure!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)