Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

It's safe to say I will NOT be sleeping tonight! Ahhhhhhh **warning nasty picture** Long

I just came in from the laundry room and started walking towards my room and notice above my door this GIANT fucking bug sitting above the door frame of my room. I freaked out! Dropped my laundry and ran back into the living room.

I see these things outside my apartments all the time, and they are all over the place during summer. I HATE THEM! These ugly hairy fuckers can FLY! I am ready to slap myself for leaving my dam door open tonight, cause they can get in under my screen door! Ughhhh!

I went into the kitchen and got my broom, my first thought was to kill it with that, but then I remembered they can fly and if I miss or don't kill it the first time, it will most likely fly at me, and I will probably kill myself trying to get out of the hall way! So yea, that is NOT a good idea. So I start searching through my cabinet in the hallway that has my cleaning supplies in it and I found lysol kitchen cleaner and scrubbing bubbles bathroom foam cleaner.

Ha! I will get this nasty thing. So I am reaching my hand as far up as I can, spraying it with lysol cleaner (I am short) and at the same time praying that it doesn't try to fly cause I will admit it I would probaby piss myself if that happened.

I soaked it with the lysol and it fell off the side of the wall and scared the crap out of me! So then I grabbed the foam cleaner and just started spraying, but this dam thing was trying to climb out of the foam. You would think by the time it stopped moving that it had snowed in my hallway.

I waited until all the foam cleared away, armed with a heavy book in my hand ready to drop on it. I finally saw it laying on its back twitching, so I grabbed my broom and dustpan and swept it up and quickly threw it into the toilet and flushed it.

Bug 0    Me 1 

But now I feel like I have shit crawling on me, and will have dreams of giant bugs chasing me in my sleep. Oh my gosh I hope that is the only one who made its way into my house!!!!

here is a picture of what it looked like that I found on google

by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Replies (41-50):
LoveOfSign
by on May. 21, 2012 at 4:52 AM

LOL I've surprised I didn't! and EWWWW DH won't touch them. he's more than willing to grab a book(not mine-no way!) or a shoe though.. xD

Quoting 1_hawt_mami:

I would have shat my pants lmao @ shat lol.

Dh will punch them. .Soo gross lol

Quoting LoveOfSign:

laughing HAHAHA Thank you! Now I finally know what I must look like when I see one! LOL Then again.. I Think it's made me look like a paranoid twitching crackhead in the past (4 yrs ago)-I was typing on my key board just chit chatting online BAM one crawls up from UNDER the keyboard and across it! Holy mother of pearl.. I swear I back flipped out of the chair.. I then ran over to DH's chair and stood there.. terrified to put my feet on the ground thinking there might be more. 20 minutes later.. the asshole has moved... onto my computer mouse.. Turns and I SWEAR it was staring at me.. daring me to do something.. DH got home and smashed its brains out.. I didn't touch my keyboard for a week. And luckily my mouse was dying anyhow so I got a new one LOL. DH use to live in Baltimore.. he's not afraid of them He says they're worse up there.. I kill the spiders, he kills... well.. every thing else..

Quoting 1_hawt_mami:

These giant asshole roaches turn me into a twitching crackhead lol

Quoting LoveOfSign:

Damn it OP. Fuck you. Could have mentioned that it was a roach. I'm thinking nasty as in  IDK.. but no that! damn it all.  LOL I hate you right now.

Ugh...

just... fuck... no..

>.> lmfao. I hate those things! We had 3

Uh huh

THREE.

Cat beat the hell out of them so they didn't fly, I slept on the couch for a week. We had a crack in the bathroom window(not the hallway bathroom thank god). ugh.. It's been like 3 months since then... But I'm still paranoid... I still keep looking around "just incase" o and here's a story from 3 1/2 yrs ago-right before we found out I was pregnant..

DH was working Crap ass hours, getting off at 4am. He can home for lunch at 12am. Before he got home I notice one fly ACROSS the room. And under the couch... So I'm thinking that dousing it with hair spray and axe and lysol will do SOMETHING.. At least with a spider their legs get stuck to the floor and they can't move.. NOOO this ass hole bug runs to the other side of the couch.. under it that is.. DF FINALLY gets home... He walks in "Sweetie.. look at this cat out here, she keeps following me.." --me-" Mike.. BUG GIANT EFFIN BUG!"

DH-"but sweetie look at this cat.. is she pregnant or just really fat... she looks hungry"--now DH is NOT a big cat lover..   Me- "SWEETIE.. KILL THE BUG NOW! OR ELSE!"  DH-"should we feed this cat"  Me-"FUCKING KILL IT OR I'M MOVING OUT KILL IT NOW! MIKE FORGET THE FREAKING CAT KILL THE GIANT BUG KILL IT!"   DH-"what? What bug" Me-pointing at it "KILL IT! DAMN IT KILL IT! SERIOUSLY MIKE KILL IT! NOW!"

30 minutes to get him to listen to me.. freaking cat.. And yes.. we fed HIM.. HE was just a fat FAT cat that for what ever reason, touched DH's heart on the worst night EVER.. UGH... lmfao

Seriously OP.. I kinda hate you.. you made me glance around the room like 10 times now.. ugh.. that's just wrong! lol

LoveOfSign
by on May. 21, 2012 at 4:53 AM

I can hardly look at the pics of them! how did you manage to post that?! LOL

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

lmfao sorry!!

Quoting LoveOfSign:

Damn it OP. Fuck you. Could have mentioned that it was a roach. I'm thinking nasty as in  IDK.. but no that! damn it all.  LOL I hate you right now.

Ugh...

just... fuck... no..

>.> lmfao. I hate those things! We had 3

Uh huh

THREE.

Cat beat the hell out of them so they didn't fly, I slept on the couch for a week. We had a crack in the bathroom window(not the hallway bathroom thank god). ugh.. It's been like 3 months since then... But I'm still paranoid... I still keep looking around "just incase" o and here's a story from 3 1/2 yrs ago-right before we found out I was pregnant..

DH was working Crap ass hours, getting off at 4am. He can home for lunch at 12am. Before he got home I notice one fly ACROSS the room. And under the couch... So I'm thinking that dousing it with hair spray and axe and lysol will do SOMETHING.. At least with a spider their legs get stuck to the floor and they can't move.. NOOO this ass hole bug runs to the other side of the couch.. under it that is.. DF FINALLY gets home... He walks in "Sweetie.. look at this cat out here, she keeps following me.." --me-" Mike.. BUG GIANT EFFIN BUG!"

DH-"but sweetie look at this cat.. is she pregnant or just really fat... she looks hungry"--now DH is NOT a big cat lover..   Me- "SWEETIE.. KILL THE BUG NOW! OR ELSE!"  DH-"should we feed this cat"  Me-"FUCKING KILL IT OR I'M MOVING OUT KILL IT NOW! MIKE FORGET THE FREAKING CAT KILL THE GIANT BUG KILL IT!"   DH-"what? What bug" Me-pointing at it "KILL IT! DAMN IT KILL IT! SERIOUSLY MIKE KILL IT! NOW!"

30 minutes to get him to listen to me.. freaking cat.. And yes.. we fed HIM.. HE was just a fat FAT cat that for what ever reason, touched DH's heart on the worst night EVER.. UGH... lmfao

Seriously OP.. I kinda hate you.. you made me glance around the room like 10 times now.. ugh.. that's just wrong! lol

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 4:57 AM
Op ya sure it wasn't a roach? That is a nasty ass bug
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 5:14 AM

Looks like a cockroach. I pulled the pic below off google, looks just like yours. Be careful, if you step on them, I've heard the eggs stick to the bottom of your shoe.

I've also heard they've frozen one for 3 months, took it out of the freezer and once it thawed, it started moving. EEEWWWW

nicole6870
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:21 AM
Lmao! I'm like its a roach. I hate them but Geez! Then everyone is saying waternug so I felt really stupid. I goggled and it's an American cockroach. Don't feel so stupid now. Lol. I see them all the time. I hate them but you kinda get used to them. They usually live in wooded areas near pine trees etc. Just squish it. But not on flat paint. Then..you have to repaint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megankae
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Hahaha my husband thinks I'm crazy, I mainly try to use windex to kill bugs. Hehehe

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Yea it gave me the chills!

I need to buy some more bathroom cleaner now haha

Quoting Megankae:

Omg sooo gross!!!!!!

*eeeek!!*

Go you! That's totally how I kill bugs at my house too. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmart18255
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:02 AM

i feel your pain we are being invaded by stink bugs here i have disposed of at least 8 of them a night for the last week i swear they wait for my kids to open the door and fly right in! it kills me because they are ballsy little bastards landing where ever the hell they want like hey whats up? and then you can kill them or else they smell horrendous!

amggo89
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:00 AM
I live in Oklahoma and they are everywhere here too. Just waiting to get into someone's house. Ewww! I think they look like some giant mutant cockroaches too. I never knew what they were but had three come inside last night my bf killed. I absolutely hate them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Many  cats and some dogs will chase and kill big bugs like that.  My dog is death on moths and flies.  And really wants to catch a squirell or bird-and just  might someday.

boysmom5
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:05 AM
Oh that's gross. I would've flipped and called for one of the boys. They save me from big hairy spiders. Yuck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)