Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

help please..37 weeks pregnant with a UTI

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:43 AM
  • 15 Replies
Its two fourth five so I can't call my doctor.. what should I do? Im so exhausted and cannot sleep because of it..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebeingmrs
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:45 AM
I was put into labor due to a uti that ended up with a kidney infection. I had so many uti when I was pregnant that I was in and out of the hospital. All I can suggest is that you get some cranberry juice or done azo which works pretty good.
Also..drinks tons of water to help flush your system
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dereksmom1018
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:57 AM
1 mom liked this

call the doctor at 8:oo sharp or whenever they open and get in ASAP. He will take a urine sample and prescribe Bactrum and give u an orange pill that will make your urine orange but take away the burn. It will work immediately.  I got 2 UTI's when pregnant. They are very common but no fun at all. Get your prescription filled immediately and take your first pill as soon as you can!!!!!!!!! So sorry you are miserable

zugichbaby6
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:59 AM
3 tablespoons coconut oil!!! Pure virgin coconut oil! It works!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dereksmom1018
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:59 AM

next time that happens in the middle of the night like that don't mess around....go to urgicare. why be uncomfortable

Momma3830
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:02 AM
Either go to an urgent care or call dr asap in the AM.

OR go to a walgreens & get AZO now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
19.and.prego
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:02 AM
Urgent care is closed.. do u think I should go to the E.R?

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

next time that happens in the middle of the night like that don't mess around....go to urgicare. why be uncomfortable

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dereksmom1018
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:04 AM

urgicare will prob open same time as your doctor....call answering service to see what time they open. its up to you if you can stand it for 2 more hours. you can send your hubby to drug store for AZO and cranberry juice.  you're not peeing blood are you?

DamiensMommy1
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:09 AM
Bactrum isn't safe in pregnancy. I had it from urgent care for a sinus infection (I'm allergic to EVERYTHING so not many choices) and my OB told me to stop it immediately

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

call the doctor at 8:oo sharp or whenever they open and get in ASAP. He will take a urine sample and prescribe Bactrum and give u an orange pill that will make your urine orange but take away the burn. It will work immediately.  I got 2 UTI's when pregnant. They are very common but no fun at all. Get your prescription filled immediately and take your first pill as soon as you can!!!!!!!!! So sorry you are miserable

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamiensMommy1
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:10 AM
Try chugging some water between now & the dr. Try ibuprofen for the pain... I'd be going into urgent care or calling my dr as soon as I could! Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
19.and.prego
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Im going to the er... my sister is taking me. Thanks a ton guys.. what's AZO? I've never heard of it but im curious..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN