Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
We live in a apartment complex & this guy below us moved in a couple months ago. It has got to the point I have to shut all my windows & patio door from the smoke comming in. I have two boys who are four & almost two. The two year old also has asthma. Do I call the complex manager, cops or what? I'm sick of this crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
mommy259
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Talk with the guy first and ask him to please do it somewhere else because it is coming in to your home and bothering your kids...At least give the guy a chance

CDMelty
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Call the cops. If you can smell it, you're breathing it. Your kids are breathing it. There should be laws against letting kids breathe your dope smoke, the cops will know if there are.

The_Doodle
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I agree with this. Also, if he lives below you it could be coming up through your vents, which is something he may not realize.

Quoting .Diddles.:

Tell him that the smoke is bothering you. Give the guy a chance to stop the behavior. If he doesn't or Is a jerk about it then tell your apartment manager.

BEXi
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Call the cops.

momswag
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

As another poster said, you are not being affected by the smoke, just the smell of the marijuana... There is a difference. 

I think you should speak with the man and inform him that you can smell it when he smokes. Suggest he do it in the bathroom or in the kitchen and do it near the exhaust/air vent to help reduce the smell. 

Also, calling him a pot head without any idea of his history or why he smoker is derogatory and ignorant on your part. Get to know him before you judge or call the police. 

jillbailey26
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:55 AM

What state are you in?  Is he in his apartment or outside?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

kris_81
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:35 PM
He smokes on his patio. I don't think he smokes inside but I could be wrong.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM

What state are you in?

Quoting kris_81:

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

kris_81
Ok good advice, thanks!

Quoting alwayskk:

I would say to first contact the management company. In the past, I might have suggested for you to calmly and rationally approach him yourself but after my recent experiences, I no longer think that is a good idea.

If you complain to the management and the problem isn't solved, that is when I would suggest calling the non-emergency line.

I will say that in order for there to be that much smoke, they have got to be smoking A LOT. A LOT a lot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris_81
Texas

Quoting jillbailey26:

What state are you in?

Quoting kris_81:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN