Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you are a praying Mama....or just willing to send good thoughts...UPDATE..Another update

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:31 AM
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this

Please pray for my friends nephew.  His name is Rowan and he fell into a pool.  He had to be life flighted to a Children's Hospital.  Please pray for a miracle.

The update is small but good.  Rowans eyes are responsive.  Keep those prayers coming.  I will keep the updates coming.  

The tests have shown very little kidney or liver damage. This is good news. He is on ECMO and it's doing all the work right now. His lungs are inflamed but the doctors believe they will heal. Rowan has brain stem activity, his pupils have reacted favorably and he is breathing some on his own. His body is trying to recover. He is still not awake.

The next 48 hours will be the most crucial. The doctors are waiting to see if his brain is going to swell. This takes up to 72 hours. As long as they keep getting the brain stem responses they want, he will not be given a CT. They will keep him on ECMO to allow his lungs to continue healing. 

Rowan is still hanging in there this morning and still fighting.  Please continue prayers.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/rowanhoward/journal

The above is a link for updates on Rowan.  He is still hanging in there and improving.  Miracles are happening for this little boy.

Rowan tolerated the trial off ECMO great. He does have ARDS. There is a plan to follow & Rowan is on it. He is more alert & we believe he can hear us. Especially me (Momma). Totally bragging right there. My baby is fighting so hard & is amazing me more everyday. I do miss holding him though..so so much. He gives the most super awesomest hugs ever. Reagan is ok today, Reid is so very strong. Super proud of all my big boys today. Blessed!!!!!!!!

Rowan is doing much better and has been moved to a rehab facility.  You can read his updates on the page listed above.  He is such a fighter.  There will be a fun run for him on August 11th in Friendswood Texas if you are interested.  His family is so grateful for all the prayers.

by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
huntersmama711
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Saying many prayers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RenFairMaiden
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Will do.

skyelyns_mommie
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Will prayer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris_81
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Prayers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustShawna
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Aww -- Praying for Rowan!!
KynTuffsMom
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Prayers are being sent!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_twingirl
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Praying for him and his family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shorty00207450
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 10:45 AM

im so sorry. ill be praying for rowan.

Aislinn
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Sending tons of good thoughts Rowan's way.. Kids are resilient, keep that in mind... (((hugs)))

katemma
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I'm praying for him now! ((HUGS))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN