Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Could you eat what this guy ate in one sitting?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1221

View Results

The other day, I took dd to McDonald's after a special shopping trip.

We seldom eat there and usually get it to go and eat at home.

It was interesting seeing the people inside, there. LOL

Anyway, this guy in front of  me was ordering for himself and 3 other kids.  I eavesdropped on his order and watched them all go sit down and eat.  He ate TWO double cheeseburgers, fries and all that jazz...then when they were leaving, he ordered 2 fish sandwiches and proceeded to eat them on the way out the door.

That's like 4000 calories...for lunch!  LOL

Who eats like that?

by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Replies (691-700):
trz031407
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:09 AM
I don't usually finish a meal from fast food places. It's a waste of money for me to choose anything not on the $1 menu.

My DF usual McDonald's order is 2 double cheese & med fries & lg coke.
His taco bell order, now, that makes me cringe. He gets 4 meat&cheese soft tacos, a quesadilla, cheesy fiesta potatoes & lg drink.

He's not a big guy. He's skinnnnny! so I imagine it takes more to fill a bigger man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMacD0809
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:23 AM
My husband could eat that and more! I have seen him eat 3 big macs large fry & soda then eat the rest of my fries and nuggets.. And never gain a pound.. I tell him he makes me sick just watching him eat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shelliek
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:26 AM

My hubby eats like this!! It's disgusting! He works out 2 hours everyday so he's not the least bit overweight either!

Ihold8Stars
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Yours to lol my hubby says " but babe there small tacos" lol I'm like but babe they got way more sodium in them small tacos then my homemade ones!

His reply then is "your right!" " when you cookin"

I think if fastfood places could lower the sodium content it would greatly improve health risks.

I know personally it cam be done but it cost alittle more so sadly most restaurants won't do it.

I have ppcm so when I go out I have to watch my sodium ( salt causes weight gain n heart problems) my favorite restaurant is olive garden because they offer a heart healthy menu option another place that's good is happy wok Chinese fast food they offer no MSG or Salt on any order.

I use salt very rare at home and none of my guest ever ask for it- instead I learned to use spices to bring out the natural flavors including salt that's found in pretty much everything you eat. Like an egg has about 65 mg sodium without adding any salt!

To eat heart healthy you shouldn't consume more then 2000 mg sodium a day or 1200 if your over weight or have heart problems But most Americans consume over 4,000 daily and if you eat out 1x daily chances are you take in 6,000+ daily.

Take out salt and carbon No pop for just a couple days you will see big difference in your tummy.

Quoting trz031407:

I don't usually finish a meal from fast food places. It's a waste of money for me to choose anything not on the $1 menu.

My DF usual McDonald's order is 2 double cheese & med fries & lg coke.

His taco bell order, now, that makes me cringe. He gets 4 meat&cheese soft tacos, a quesadilla, cheesy fiesta potatoes & lg drink.

He's not a big guy. He's skinnnnny! so I imagine it takes more to fill a bigger man.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snailpaw
by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:46 PM
I could probably eat all that in one sitting if I wanted to, but there's no way in hell I'd ever eat "food" from McDonalds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashora1990
by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM
same here. i can eat two wendys half pounders and fries. oh im not fat eather im 90lbs. lol

Quoting GomezMami2908:

Someone really hungry. 

I know on my bad days I've been a total Wendy's fat ass(I don't like McDonalds)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dragonrat
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:21 PM

well I've never tryed to see if my boyfriend and his brother could (i'm sure they would struggle but if they made it a contest yes prob), but my best friend yes And more.... hollow leggs the bitch lol. And I know she could becuase she has walked in after having sunday lunch at her parents (and has seconds and pud), then she was peckish so she got 2 big macmeals, and a KFC 

elk571
by on May. 27, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Holy cow!  I couldn't do it, but sadly my SIL's ex husband has custody of their kids (they both have had them removed by CPS at one time or another and they almost came to live w/ us a few times) and for years the oldest boy's lunch would be an entire pizza, a whole bucket of chicken, AND a meal from McD's.  Don't get me wrong, I love me some fast food, but I can't eat it often even if I wanted to b/c it upsets my stomach, but I also love veggies!  We do it as a special treat as well, or if we are travelling and that's it.  I do know ppl who eat it every day though, and even they could not eat all that in one sitting!

NaturalMamaCZ
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
You literally could not pay me to put that poison in my body.
Mom2BandCJ
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Not only could I Not eat that... I wouldn't.  I haven't been to a McD's in over 10 years.   LOL  Too many classes in nutrition and health for me to want fast food from McD's or any other burger chain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)