Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why now??? Ugggg 1 month to prepare ugggg!!!!! Long and Need HELP!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:54 AM
  • 30 Replies

Ok back story I left my ex when DD was 1 and DS was 3. My ex had become abusive prior to me leaving and I was trying to leave even while pregnant with DD. 

The ex barely saw the kids and when he did he was the Disneyland type of parent though he always treated DD like shit.

In 2004 my mother got ill and I asked my ex if I could leave state to tend to my mother he said no. I had to go to court while dealing with court I got an offer to move to Hawaii so I put that in the paper work also. At this time my ex's rights were basically taken away. I left state Good Friday 2005. While I was away I kept the lines of communication open for the kids.

2008 I moved back to where I was from remarried but still keeping lines open. My ex had moved out of state and showed know intrest in seeing the kids. Mind you he still hasn't seen the kids since 2005!!!!

Fast forward its May 2012. DD is now 11 almost 12 DS is 13 almost 14. Neither of them want to speak to their bio father though I do all I can. They both of cell phones and I suggest every Sunday for them to call him. I am not going to force the subject.

Now my ex has decided he wants to drive from his state force the kids to stay with him a night or 2 in a hotel and be daddy to them. 

DD is freaking out. By mistake she left her phone at home today and I looked through her phone I find a txt to one of her girlfriends about what is going on. The girl is freaked. 

He will be here in less then a month. The state I am in will take 6 to 8 weeks for them to even move my court case to the location I am at. An going off the original visitation papers he has done everything other then the written letter that is required.

I have no clue what to do or what to say. My ex is a flight risk and has been in trouble with the law but due to the papers I think I have to force my child who is freaked to stay with this man she doesn't know.

Ladies help what to do????

Update 5/22/2012

I sat on the phone today trying to contact the courts. Finally got through to my local Family court and they said "oh know one told you that you have to file in your orginal county" WTF ok called the orginal county "sorry ma'am either you fly here or move back here we don't care if you have a move away order you must speak to the judge" WTF Ok is there anyway I can file for move of courts yeah print the 48 page packet send it to use and we'll see about getting you a phone hearing WTF. 

Ladies I am soo stressed. DD did not want to go to school she is scared he is going to show up and just take her. I spoke to my ex today and he stated he filed some thing with the courts and that I need to sign and agree or else!!! He wouldn't tell me what it was just need to sign, agree or else!!!

by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebeingmrs
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Well seeing the age your children are, they are old enough to make that choice themself. He can't force them to do anything. You have the right to say no, if so you need to go back to court and let the judge talk to your children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Use the lack of letter to your advantage. And get that court date moved ASAP. (if you can of course) at their age they will take the kids feelings into better consideration.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I want to go back to court but it will take 6 to 8 weeks for the courts to move my case from southern to northern. An the ass hole gave me a months notice all that has ever been asked for.

I never feared this day or never thought this day would come. 

He doesn't pay child support and he is in some trouble. I need to find out about his warrants in this state just not sure where to look for warrants.

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

Well seeing the age your children are, they are old enough to make that choice themself. He can't force them to do anything. You have the right to say no, if so you need to go back to court and let the judge talk to your children

Aichia
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Don't let them go, if they don't want to go don't force it. If he wants to see them make it supervised. You said his rights where terminated then he can't demand or force anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandiii04
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Per-pare?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 1:04 AM

He is using the half ass visitation that the judge set up, as the judge didn't even think he'd ever follow it. Now its been uggg 8 years and he through the damn thing up saying he gave the notice I must let him see the kids.

Quoting Aichia:

Don't let them go, if they don't want to go don't force it. If he wants to see them make it supervised. You said his rights where terminated then he can't demand or force anything

lovebeingmrs
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:05 AM
2 moms liked this
If he has the balls to show up, I wouldn't answer te door. I would call the cops seeing he is wanted. Protect your children at all cost.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

I want to go back to court but it will take 6 to 8 weeks for the courts to move my case from southern to northern. An the ass hole gave me a months notice all that has ever been asked for.

He doesn't pay child support and he is in some trouble. I need to find out about his warrants in this state just not sure where to look for warrants.

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I was typing some thing else while typing this sorry its a frigen typo didn't know this was school!!!!

Quoting Mandiii04:

Per-pare?

sherry132
by Sherry on May. 22, 2012 at 1:07 AM

You don't have to make them go. Let him call the cops when they won't come. Cops won't make them go. Cops will tell him to take it to court. 

I did it with my daughter in Kentucky. She didn't wanna go with her dad, he called the cops, cops told him it was domestic and to take it to court. She was 13 at the time.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Thankfully he doesn't know my physical address only my post office box. I was to get around to drawing up papers to give notice of my new address but with him being out of sight out of mind I never did it a plus for me, I guess.

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

If he has the balls to show up, I wouldn't answer te door. I would call the cops seeing he is wanted. Protect your children at all cost.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN