Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm so angry

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:19 AM
  • 26 Replies

Little backstory: My moms been battling ovarian cancer for over a year now and has been losing the fight....

Last night i sat in the hospital with my mom for a couple hours until my aunt and uncle came because i had to go pick up my son she was awake and talking and was saying she was having trouble breathing ( there has been fluid building up in her lungs) and she wanted a breathing treatment the nurse was going to get the medicine as i was leaving i told her i loved her and that i would be back tomorrow and said goodbye my aunts house is only 10 15 minutes away and i had just gotten home and sat down to eat diner and was on the phone with my husband just as i hung up my aunt got a call and all i heard was her yell "SHES gone!?!?!?"  i thought she meant she got up and left....then my aunt from the hospital called me and said we needed to get back....my aunt drove like a demon and got us back

When we got there we had no warning she was gone....they were cleaning her up....they didnt even have the decency to close her eyes....the head nurse that was in charge of mom had the gall to tell my aunt that she had a suspicion that it was going to be today I HAVE NEVER FELT SO ANGRY in my life if they had an idea that she was going why didnt they tell anyone?!?!?!? i would have had enough time to go get my sister who lives an hour away so she could say goodbye. I snapped at the nurse and had a screaming match in the hall with her (i know...chilish but i was angry) i was standing in the  hall and i could hear the nurse standing at the nurses station bitching about what just happened to the other nurses so friggin disrespectful and so unprofessional

sorry thats just my rant for the day

by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:20 AM

hugs

PinkyPan
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs.

LadyFreeRider
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Im so sorry. Hugs momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoLLiy
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 9:25 AM
I'm so sorry. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjfamily
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Wow I'm sorry they should have informed you of they knew it was imminent ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Oh my gosh. How terrible. I am sorry :(.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbcmom
by Irish Rose on May. 23, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs!!

pigtail
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.

mikiemom
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Sorry for your loss. I understand that you were hurt and angry but you do realize that the nurses had no control over when your mother passed. A suspicion is just a gut feeling they aren't gods. I get that it is easier for you to blame someone else being a nurse is a very tough job especially in a cancer ward with very low remission rates. These ladies do what they can to make these terminal patients comfortable.

Mena929
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)