Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

to people that DONT own guns????

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 414 Replies
I'm just curious and this is NOT meant to be mean..but. if something were to happen like someone broke into your house what's your plan to protect you and your family? What if your S/O wasn't home?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM
7 moms liked this

We're armed and somewhat dangerous, so here's a bump!

kidlover2
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM
38 moms liked this
I don't have a big ugly dog, an SO, or a gun. I plan on beating them to death with a spatula. My other secret weapon is not owning anything worth stealing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michellina11234
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM
8 moms liked this

911 and a bat. And there is no guarantee that i would not have a gun taken from me giving the intruder another weapon. And if there was one in my house I would not keep it loaded because I have kids. 

orcadarwin
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:13 AM

We don't believe in having guns in the house.  We do have swords and an axe, and those will be used to protect us.  

rgba
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM
I'm in a city, so police are very quick to respond. And I have a big dog that will let us know if anyone is coming in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM
8 moms liked this
Shooting ranges offer gun courses to teach you lots of skills :) and they have to get close to you to get the gun...a bullet moves faster than any intruder

Quoting Michellina11234:

911 and a bat. And there is no guarantee that i would not have a gun taken from me giving the intruder another weapon. And if there was one in my house I would not keep it loaded because I have kids. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdensMommy1107
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Lol, this

Quoting kidlover2:

I don't have a big ugly dog, an SO, or a gun. I plan on beating them to death with a spatula. My other secret weapon is not owning anything worth stealing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinBright
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this
If we had guns in the home, they would be unloaded and locked away separate from ammo, so they would not help anyway. We live in a neighborhood with negligible crime, plus we have a camera system on the perimeter of the property as well as an alarm system on the doors and windows just in case. I'm not worried about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Sandy on May. 23, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I myself would put a 45mm through him. I am a very good shot due to practice and won't miss.

beerebelly
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I am  home alone at night when dh is deployed. I do not have a gun. I bring my cell phone up to bed and hope for the best I guess!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN