Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is it ok for your spouse to text his co workers? update: So here it goes again in BLUE

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Is it ok for your Spouse to text co- workers?

Options:

YES perfectly fine

No - dont think its good

unknown

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 709

View Results

So would you be upset if your spouse was texting his co-workers ?

so I found myself having to load my family (kids) in the car and my dh is texting away on his phone mind you I have three children , the youngest less then 2 having to get them all loaded up grab diaper bag ect , and my dh is already in the car with his cell phone in tow texting yep you guess it one of his co workers , I'm like who are you texting that is so important he hesitated at first and said (XXXX) name and it was one of his co workers , she just broke up with her fiance and apparently she was needing help moving some things . I said what the heck we are on our way to go eat and he is texting this women, like he is some type of super hero or something (insert chuckle here) , I told him, I was pretty upset about it and he said he wouldn't do it again well he left his phone out in the car last night so I went out there and sure enough he was texting her again  im not trying to pry in his buisness but he is my spouse and I think I have a right to know what is going on I would think I would have the right to know, to help her move some things!

So I feel like he is keeping things from me and like I shouldn't be upset about it!

I guess im making a big deal out of it . He was like I cant just ignore them , I have to work with these people and try to make them happy!

Well doing things outside of work is not a good ideal to me but that is just me! maybe im wrong but I dont know!

I know I was wrong in checking his phone but wouldn't you be upset if your spouse was doing things behind your back?

How would you feel about it ?

Tell me its not going to hurt my feelings just be honest am I being wrong just let me know and I'll just leave it at that!

Also he works with is mainly women!!

Update: Well I got my call log from May2nd until now June 7th to one number on the list there has been 129 text message incoming and outgoing to that number alone!

by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Replies (451-460):
moneysaver6
by on May. 26, 2012 at 11:51 AM
There's a difference in texting your co-workers & in texting other women.

Does my husband text with his co-workers? Yes, he & the other guys are friends outside of work. However, he doesn't text with other women whether he works with them or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiekiwi
by Member on May. 26, 2012 at 3:40 PM

My husband is forever texting his partner (a male)  i call him "your other wife!"  But if it was a female...yes id be pissed!  let her bother someone else who doesnt have a wife and kids to help her move!

pacoshotmomma
by on May. 27, 2012 at 2:50 AM
I think it depends what he is texting her about. I mean he should have family and other friends and co workers to trust. She could ask them. If he says he won't do it then don't do it.
texassahm
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Trust your instinct.  I didn't trust mine and my DH ended up having an affair.

kemclaughlin
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:06 PM

It would bother me that my husband has this kind of relationship with a co-worker.  Your husband should not be allowing another woman to turn to him when she needs this kind of support, unless it's a mutual friend.  If your husband is so ready to forget his life to help her because it makes him feel like a super hero, maybe he needs the woman in his life to do the same for him so that he is not tempted to play super hero to someone else. 

Luna091306
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Well that all depends. If he is texting a co-worker about something work related then I couldn't care less. Now, if he is texting a female co-worker about personal things then I would be bothered.

ardan85
by Member on May. 27, 2012 at 9:38 PM

How did she get his number??

SavedraC
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Wtf?? He clearly said he wouldn't talk to her again and then you found out that he was still talking to her. That is when I would be pissed cause he clearly knows its not right but still did it. If he was such a great friend to be a mentor then she should know you on a personal level as well, imo
KG34
by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM

As long as they aren't speaking innapropriately, it wouldn't bother me. I have guy friends from work that I text sometimes, and he has female friends from work that he texts sometimes. It's really not a big deal.

GagaNTattooS
by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Honesty I habr no idea who he texts and I don't really care. I trust him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN