Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hatfields and McCoys, are you related?

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:26 AM
  • 60 Replies

I am pretty sure I am related. My great grandmothers name is in several of the family trees I have found online. She was a Hatfield. They were from the area I am from and my great grandmother was born. Can't wait to watch the History Channel show about them Memorial Day. 

by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrickettyBoo
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I'm,related to neither lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superm0m877
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm related! I know a lot about it. Message me if you have any questions! 

phantomphan
by PrincessBcake on May. 23, 2012 at 11:37 AM
No idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmeeso
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Quoting phantomphan:

No idea.

superm0m877
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I just watched the trailer for that..ehh..it looks entertaining but I can already tell it's not going to be the accurate story. Just as the movie that came out in the 1940's was not exactly right. They add/change things to make it more interesting. Being closely related, I know the true story and there is a lot of false info out there, stories change over time you know?

LectioDivina
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Why did they hate each other so much?

lovinmama411
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Oh yes, of course. It probably wouldn't be AS interesting, lol. My husband was working in Pikeville for a while and at that time (this was several years ago) I didn't realize that was where alot of the history actually was. My moms side of the family is from Ewing VA and all around Lee County. Then my dads family is all from Perry, Harlan, and Pike county. Didn't realize how much history of this was in all these areas. Pretty neat. 

Quoting superm0m877:

I just watched the trailer for that..ehh..it looks entertaining but I can already tell it's not going to be the accurate story. Just as the movie that came out in the 1940's was not exactly right. They add/change things to make it more interesting. Being closely related, I know the true story and there is a lot of false info out there, stories change over time you know?

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM
When does the movie air and what exactly is it about?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmama411
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Started as land and property disputes (some say it started over a pig being stolen, who knows). It snowballed from there. After a few killings things got pretty bad.

Quoting LectioDivina:

Why did they hate each other so much?

lovinmama411
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

When does the movie air and what exactly is it about?

It comes on History channel over 3 nights this weekend. It is about the bitter feud between the Hatfield and McCoy families.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)