Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hatfields and McCoys, are you related?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am pretty sure I am related. My great grandmothers name is in several of the family trees I have found online. She was a Hatfield. They were from the area I am from and my great grandmother was born. Can't wait to watch the History Channel show about them Memorial Day. 

by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Replies (31-40):
superm0m877
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I don't recognize that last name. My Grandma is a McCoy, just a few generations down from the McCoys in the feud. 

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Got any Mobley's in your family? That's my mom's maiden name.

Quoting superm0m877:

Then we are related! :) 

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

I'm related to the McCoys through my mom.

lovinmama411

Yea, my great grandma had a nephew named Devil Anse (I think it was one name though, like put together). He was probably just named after that guy because he may have been to young to be the actual Devil Anse.

Quoting superm0m877:

Do you see the guy towards the bottom left with the long beard? That is "Devil Anse" Hatfield. That's the only one I recognize. My grandma would know who some of the others are. 

Quoting lovinmama411:

Yes, these are the Hatfields. If I knew who each one was I may be able to figure out how I am related to them. I am sure some of these are my ancestors though. So you're a McCoy? Did you hear about the reunion they had in Pikeville several years back?

Quoting superm0m877:

That's the Hatfields. My Grandma has actual pictures of the McCoys, it is really interesting to look at! 

Quoting lovinmama411:

Here is a pic

ebbierowe

I don't think so but I am going to watch it...

superm0m877
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Yeah the actual Devil Anse died somewhere around 1910-1920 I forget the exact year. 

Quoting lovinmama411:

Yea, my great grandma had a nephew named Devil Anse (I think it was one name though, like put together). He was probably just named after that guy because he may have been to young to be the actual Devil Anse.

Quoting superm0m877:

Do you see the guy towards the bottom left with the long beard? That is "Devil Anse" Hatfield. That's the only one I recognize. My grandma would know who some of the others are. 

Quoting lovinmama411:

Yes, these are the Hatfields. If I knew who each one was I may be able to figure out how I am related to them. I am sure some of these are my ancestors though. So you're a McCoy? Did you hear about the reunion they had in Pikeville several years back?

Quoting superm0m877:

That's the Hatfields. My Grandma has actual pictures of the McCoys, it is really interesting to look at! 

Quoting lovinmama411:

Here is a pic

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:03 PM

My great-great grandma was a McCoy, just a baby during the feud. She married a Mobley, thats how I'm related. 

Quoting superm0m877:

I don't recognize that last name. My Grandma is a McCoy, just a few generations down from the McCoys in the feud. 

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Quoting superm0m877:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Actually, it may have been my great-grandma. I'll have to look at Ancestry.com again. 

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

My great-great grandma was a McCoy, just a baby during the feud. She married a Mobley, thats how I'm related. 

Quoting superm0m877:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Quoting superm0m877:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

lovinmama411
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I think my great grandmother was born around 1902.

Quoting superm0m877:

Yeah the actual Devil Anse died somewhere around 1910-1920 I forget the exact year. 

Quoting lovinmama411:

Quoting superm0m877:

Quoting lovinmama411:

Quoting superm0m877:

Quoting lovinmama411:

Here is a pic

superm0m877
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:07 PM

That's awesome :) So I guess we would be like 10th cousins LOL 

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Quoting superm0m877:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Quoting superm0m877:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Miss.Kristin
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I'm not but my dad had a friend that was a hatfield.. His mom was a hatfield and his dad was a McCoy. Also, my step-grandfather is somehow related to the hatfields

.Pagan.
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:30 PM

no i know 100 percent than i am not...all of my trees hit back to at least 1500's and a few branches are in the 400-500's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)