Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What's your delivery room story?

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:01 PM
  • 122 Replies

I had a baby girl in February of 2010 and am about to have another by August 5th. My first experience went well aside from a rude nurse & a bossy MIL. What are some of your stories? 

by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2012 at 11:03 PM

MY kiddo came out 90 pounds LOL!!

Mabuka
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Say what?? Lol.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

MY kiddo came out 90 pounds LOL!!

sherriewlk
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:10 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't have much of a delivery 'room' story. But I'll gladly tell my labor story. I have been reminiscing all night, in about 2 hours my son will be 5!
Ok, so may 23rd 2007, I was 10 days late and went to my dr appt at 1:30 pm. My dr checked me and all and said I was only a finger tip dialated, and less then 10% effaced. He said we needed to set up a day to be induced. We picked that Saturday morning (this was a Thursday).
On my way home I CRIED and crieddd. I wanted an ALL NATURAL labor.
I talked to him in my belly like a crazy woman. I was like "you HAVE to come out!! Please!!"
I went home, walked for about 2 hours. Had sex. Then at about 7, drank caster oil. At about 10, I wanted a cheeseburger (lol).
DH made me one, I took one bite and my stomach started hurting. I took a shower, then it his me hard. I was in labor.
I had my husband take me to the hospital. We got there at 12:30am. I they got me in my gown (I was in so much pain I couldn't do it myself)
I layen on the bed, my water broke.
He checked me and said "this is unbelieveble, you are ready to push!"
I pushed 2 times, and he was here! At 1:08am
I was in labor for about 3 hours.
It was the weirdest labor ever lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2012 at 11:11 PM

My first was nearly 2 weeks late, I went in to be induced but my water ended up breaking on its own shortly after the cervadil was placed. I labored for 28 hours with my awesome midwife and DH at my side coaching my though hypno birthing. At about the 24 hour mark I really started getting exhausted. I opted for a spinal block to try to get some sleep. About 3 hours later the babys heart rate started dropping and I was still only at 6/7 cm so we all agreed a c section was the way to go. Our first son was born shortly after.

My second was a scheduled c section but he decided he wanted to come a day early. I went into labor at about midnight and we went to the hospital. They decided to admit me, stop the labor and do the c section in the AM. At about 8 am my DH went for coffee. He came back and had a seizure(he is epileptic, the lack of sleep threw him off). I rang for the nurse, by the time she got there he had worked his way under my bed. She came in all cheery asking what could she do, I asked her if she could help my husband off the floor(I was hooked to machines and could not help him!) She FREAKED! LOL, I guess they dont have very many dad emergencies on that floor. Well they ended up carting him off to ER. A while later my doc came in and asked if I was ready to go. He had heard something about a dad "passing out" but had no idea it was DH . He was awesome. He called down to ER and told them to get DH on his feet ASAP and he was nice enough to re-reschedule my c section since my contractions had way mellowed out.  DH was given a double dose of his meds and some pain meds and he was able to return shortly after that and our second son was born about an hour later.

Third was a scheduled c section that went on as planned, except for the important detail that we expected a girl and got a third boy LOL. I was so excited to have another boy. It was awesome.

Mabuka
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I lol'd! Did you finish the cheeseburger or did you get in the shower right away when your stomach started to hurt?

And pushed twice? That's crazy! Happy to hear he came naturally like you wanted after all. :)

Quoting sherriewlk:

I don't have much of a delivery 'room' story. But I'll gladly tell my labor story. I have been reminiscing all night, in about 2 hours my son will be 5!
Ok, so may 23rd 2007, I was 10 days late and went to my dr appt at 1:30 pm. My dr checked me and all and said I was only a finger tip dialated, and less then 10% effaced. He said we needed to set up a day to be induced. We picked that Saturday morning (this was a Thursday).
I talked to him in my belly like a crazy woman. I was like "you HAVE to come out!! Please!!"
I went home, walked for about 2 hours. Had sex. Then at about 7, drank caster oil.
At about 10, I wanted a cheeseburger (lol).
DH made me one, I took one bite and my stomach started hurting. I took a shower, then it his me hard. I was in labor.
I had my husband take me to the hospital. We got there at 12:30am. I they got me in my gown (I was in so much pain I couldn't do it myself)

Tiffwith3plus3
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Dd1 (now 6): induced at 39 weeks due to sever uti. Was contracting every 8 minutes. Water broke and pit started about 8 am. Epidural shortly after. Baby born at 3:07 pm.

DS (now 2): I tried so hard to not have an epidural, but after 14 hours of contractions every 3 minutes, I got epi at 3:30 am. Water broke on it's own at 8 cm. Baby born at 7:47 am.

Dd (6months): membranes stripped at 10 am. Random contractions all day. Showered at 5:30 pm and that stopped contractions. Spent a lot of time on birth ball to ease hip pain. Contraction at 8:20 pm and said 'yep, this is labor.' Called parents to come babysit. DH comes in from work at 9:15, changes clothes. By this point I am on all fours for each contraction. We left kids in the hands of our 14 year old because I couldn't wait for my parents to get here. Head to hospital at 9:25. Takes 5 minutes to get there. I'm 8 cm. Takes Dr 10Stanford minutes to arrive at hospital. My water breaks all over him as he walks up. Baby is born at 10:03 pm. Less than 2to hours and I got my natural birth!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mabuka
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Awww! :)

Quoting SuperPickle:

My first was nearly 2 weeks late, I went in to be induced but my water ended up breaking on its own shortly after the cervadil was placed. I labored for 28 hours with my awesome midwife and DH at my side coaching my though hypno birthing. At about the 24 hour mark I really started getting exhausted. I opted for a spinal block to try to get some sleep. About 3 hours later the babys heart rate started dropping and I was still only at 6/7 cm so we all agreed a c section was the way to go. Our first son was born shortly after.

My second was a scheduled c section but he decided he wanted to come a day early. I went into labor at about midnight and we went to the hospital. They decided to admit me, stop the labor and do the c section in the AM. At about 8 am my DH went for coffee. He came back and had a seizure(he is epileptic, the lack of sleep threw him off). I rang for the nurse, by the time she got there he had worked his way under my bed. She came in all cheery asking what could she do, I asked her if she could help my husband off the floor(I was hooked to machines and could not help him!) She FREAKED! LOL, I guess they dont have very many dad emergencies on that floor. Well they ended up carting him off to ER. A while later my doc came in and asked if I was ready to go. He had heard something about a dad "passing out" but had no idea it was DH . He was awesome. He called down to ER and told them to get DH on his feet ASAP and he was nice enough to re-reschedule my c section since my contractions had way mellowed out.  DH was given a double dose of his meds and some pain meds and he was able to return shortly after that and our second son was born about an hour later.

Third was a scheduled c section that went on as planned, except for the important detail that we expected a girl and got a third boy LOL. I was so excited to have another boy. It was awesome.

sherriewlk
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM
2 moms liked this
I didn't finish it. My poor DH, he heated up the grill, make me a fresh buger, cooked it.. Then I took one bite and was like "ugh I don't want it, I don't feel so good, I'm going to go take a shower"

Quoting Mabuka:

I lol'd! Did you finish the cheeseburger or did you get in the shower right away when your stomach started to hurt?

And pushed twice? That's crazy! Happy to hear he came naturally like you wanted after all. :)

Quoting sherriewlk:

I went home, walked for about 2 hours. Had sex. Then at about 7, drank caster oil.
At about 10, I wanted a cheeseburger (lol).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terramarie
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Last Monday i went into labor at 7:10 am and was in labor all day. After midnight i was 4cm and they decided they would break my water. Finally after an hour of waiting they came back to break my water and when they checked me they realized my son had gone breech within the time they were gone. they did an US and sure enough he had gone breech. I was in shock. they left for about ten min. and came back and told me I was going to need a c-section to get him out. I was devastated and scared out of my mind. They got me ready and took me into the OR. My DH was the only one with me. My son was pulled out into the world at 3:30 am Tuesday morning. My DH watched the whole thing and told me step by step what they were doing. As soon as he saw him he cried the hardest I have ever seen. I cried too obviously. I keep replaying everything in my head. I can't believe within an hour he went breech. Its crazy to me. Now I'M thankful that I have him. He is our first born and i couldn't be happier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mackiebugsmom
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I watched Days of our lives until abe's voice got annoying then they wouldn't give me pain meds. Finally I felt my dd's head and the nurse said "oh its just pressure honey,, we will check you after shift change" welllll it was her head and my aunt had to call someone in to deliver dd! Then with my second all I remember id OUCH OUCH OUCH EFFIN OUCH.....still no pain meds :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)