Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Preschool graduation

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 17 Replies

My 5 yr old just graduated preschool today. I told myself not to cry. I thought I was going to be ok because I have been through this before but I started crying before it even started. I wish I had pictures but we weren't able to bring a camera. They were so cute! My son is in the duck room so his cap and gown were yellow with yellow tail feathers! He was perfect through the entire ceremony and was even doing the dances that the other classrooms prepared (without interuppting). His class did "tooty ta". I also found out today, from his teacher, that she recieved her class list for next year and my daughter will be in her class. I'm so happy, she is a great teacher and has grandchildren around preschool age and younger.

by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmjmlj
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:15 PM
How great. Why no cameras allowed? I would've potested that one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacam7
by Christina on May. 24, 2012 at 12:16 PM

No, we just didn't have one available. I was kind of disappointed but atleast I was there to see it.

Quoting kmjmlj:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Awe my 5 yr old graduates preschool on the 1st. I'm dreading it. I know I will cry like a baby especially since his daddy wont be there he will be a big sisters high school graduation we live in Oregon n she is in Utah.

nazgor
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM
My DS graduates preschool tomorrow. I will cry lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Cherish on May. 24, 2012 at 12:19 PM
My kids still have 2 weeks left. As far as I know ds will be getting the same teacher that our neighbors daughter. They said she is great so that's good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmjmlj
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Your son knew you were there to support him that's what counts.

Quoting mamacam7:

No, we just didn't have one available. I was kind of disappointed but atleast I was there to see it.

Quoting kmjmlj:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacam7
by Christina on May. 24, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Wow, two big graduations on the same day. I would lose it. I was somewhat able to compose myself but I started crying as soon as I saw my DS's name on the paper. Then when they all marched out and up to the stage.....omg I'm tearing up just thinking about it. He is pretty sad though. Once the ceremony was over and people were starting to leave, he started acting out. He was overwhelmed with emotions because he is going to miss his friends. We have 7 different elementary's in the district so the chance of them going to the same school is slim.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Awe my 5 yr old graduates preschool on the 1st. I'm dreading it. I know I will cry like a baby especially since his daddy wont be there he will be a big sisters high school graduation we live in Oregon n she is in Utah.

mamacam7
by Christina on May. 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Atleast you are preparing yourself lol. I really thought I wouldn't because my oldest son graduated last year. I figured I wouldn't be as emotional but I guess I was wrong. It's going to be worse when it is my daughter because she is my "mini me".

Quoting nazgor:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Yep 2 on the same day in diff states. :( My DS is gonna be upset too but I did manage to get the phone numbers from his 2 most best friends in class for play dates in the summer, one of the children don't even live in our town drives 20 min to get to the preschool. The other one lives in the area, just aint sure if she will be going to his school or not. I hope she does though, he will be very disappointed if she dont go there.

Quoting mamacam7:

Wow, two big graduations on the same day. I would lose it. I was somewhat able to compose myself but I started crying as soon as I saw my DS's name on the paper. Then when they all marched out and up to the stage.....omg I'm tearing up just thinking about it. He is pretty sad though. Once the ceremony was over and people were starting to leave, he started acting out. He was overwhelmed with emotions because he is going to miss his friends. We have 7 different elementary's in the district so the chance of them going to the same school is slim.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

nazgor
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Awww :(

So far this is my only. I gave up saying I won't cry because every time I say it, I cry. He's getting all grown and stuff. *sigh*

Quoting mamacam7:

Atleast you are preparing yourself lol. I really thought I wouldn't because my oldest son graduated last year. I figured I wouldn't be as emotional but I guess I was wrong. It's going to be worse when it is my daughter because she is my "mini me".

Quoting nazgor:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)