Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how to raise a happy baby as a teen mommy

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  • 36 Replies

please dont be very negitive I have heard how it will be hard staying up with the baby and such but seriously I helped raise two younger sisters. i want to know differnt things like pregnancy tips. And ways to handle teen motherhood things that could help me be a good mommy and not negitive like people I have heard talk about teen pregnancy. I want to raise my baby in a happy peacful home. I know it is possible. Please any peacful happy mothers Tell me how to make my childs life a wonderful one. Help me be a good mommy.

by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Just do the best you can. Stay in school and don't bother with drama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christyg
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I think one of the most important things is to have a good support system. Do you have family around? Friends are nice, but not always really helpful when it comes to the baby. Try to find an "older" woman to come alongside you and help if you dont have a mom/aunt/etc.

tntmomof2
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Well the first step is to put baby first and you seem to have already figured that one out so you're on the right track!!!

Stay in school, graduate and further your education.

I have more but I'll have to add later. Running out now.

Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teaching_mama
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I was not a teen mom but I was young when my dd was born (21). My advice would be get your education, be willing to accept advice and help from people that love you, don't stick with a guy just bc he's the father of your baby, read to your baby everyday, sing to your baby, don't blindly accept advice do your own research and form your own opinions. As long as you put in the time and effort, spend time with your baby he/she will know they are loved and grow up happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brae425
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM
As a teen mom myself (I was 16 when I had her, now 26) make sure u graduate, make that your number one priority. BTW how old are u?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom_The_Nurse
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Make sure that school is your top priority & also to get good grades and tests scores. Then go directly to college afterwards - do not stop. Get a degree and a career & don't look back. Always have your goals in mind, make plans to achieve them and keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HousewifeNina
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Look around and find a trusted adult in your life who is a mom to a little one.  Ask her if you can "shadow" her for a few whole days and one overnight(unless you took care of your siblings from little bitties all by yourself for whole days).  Babysitting is nothing like a baby of your own.

Don't think you "need" everything sold at Babies R Us; you don't.

Eat healthy, don't drink or smoke.

Maintain a working and respectful relationship with your parents and the paternal grandparents.

Ask for help and favors and when you get them, be very very grateful remembering that this is YOUR job now, not theirs.(aside from the father)

Stop spending money on yourself NOW.  If you haven't already, reprioritize the MASSIVE difference between needs and wants.  Cell phone: want.  Diapers: need.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I was a teen mom and my kids are very happy.

I just say do your research and don't just take advice from everyone. If someone tells you something go online and look it up. One big thing that makes teen moms look so much better to me is the decision to breastfeed. It's the first decision you make as a parent and it's the best possible choice and doing so sets the bar. Not saying that if you use formula you'll be a bad parent, just that it's part of being an informed mom.

Your instincts will take over. Make sure you dedicate your time to your child and know that your partying days are over. Don't go out every single weekend just because your baby is in bed. You raise your child, not your parents.

Aspiemom0203
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok, good points...
I have energy to play and we do all the time!
We go to sixflags from open to closing because I still LOVE coasters.
My DS 18 calls me everyday just to chat. None of his other friends talk to their Moms unless they have to.
He asks for fashion advice from me.
We never fight over music, tv ect. And I don't yell to turn it down, because I like the same crap:)
My DH still thinks I'm cute!
Apparently I did so well that I made it look too easy, so he's following. Maybe I'm not thrilled, but I will love this baby!
There is NOTHING more wonderful then having that sweet baby in your arms and being called Mommy.(heart melting)
And I'm sorry for being harsh before, promise to quit stalking. It hit home this week. Lots of luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Find a teen mommy group or a pregnancy group.  This is not the group you are looking for, for that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN