Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I Don't Really Have a Plan for This. Could Turn into a "bash" Post lol.

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM
  • 85 Replies
6 moms liked this

So I acted on gut instinct tonight.

I'm an animal lover with a soft spot for cats. Well, honestly, I was going to type out this whole long story of what happened tonight but it's done and I can't change it.  I'm not going to bother.

Basically, there was a stray female cat over at my mom's house apparently. My daughter and I went over for dinner tonight. My mom knows for a fact that the stray cat is dead and gone. Well, apparently that cat was a mama cat. A mama cat to a lot of kittens.

I could not leave kittens alone to die. Calling animal control is useless around here. I've tried calling for other animals (rottweilers and chickens) and they never come or say they can't help.

So now, I've got 4 kittens. At least 4. Potentially up to 8 if we can catch all of them. I COULD NOT stand and let them suffer and die.

Now I have 4 kittens to find homes for. I'm very blessed with great resources though. I think these kitties are young enough they can be socialized and hopefully go to good homes. So it looks like I'll be making so vet trips to make sure they're in good health.

They're sweet little things though.

My husband with one of them

That's meatball. We will probably keep him since my husband's always wanted and orange cat.

by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MammaPaparazza
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 10:24 PM
I was gonna say..ooks like you gotts
A find homes for three cats, looks like dh already found that one a home ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 24, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Sucker....but we did the same thing a week and a half ago.  It was only one that we found, but he was only about ten days old then...he's thriving now, we're calling him Sylvester.  Of course now she wasnt a bird, a canary, guess what she's naming that....so off to the pet store, lol!

amyrw
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
That was very kind of you to save the kittens. I'm sure you'll find great homes for them. And yes they definitely look young enough to socialize with no problems!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2012 at 10:28 PM
My FIL was always rescuing cats. Over the years we had 5 cats...all rescues and the sweetest cats ever. No bashing here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlingsAndThings
by RissaBusch on May. 24, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I am a sucker. And I'm also realizing that I have a really understanding husband. I don't know too many men that would have reacted the way my husband did when I called and told him I might be bringing home 8 kittens.

These kittens I'd say are about 4 weeks maybe a little more. All but the little tanish one are handling canned cat food fine. The tan one, who we're calling Smudge, is drinking from a bottle still.  She's smaller than the rest.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Sucker....but we did the same thing a week and a half ago.  It was only one that we found, but he was only about ten days old then...he's thriving now, we're calling him Sylvester.  Of course now she wasnt a bird, a canary, guess what she's naming that....so off to the pet store, lol!

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 10:29 PM
:) they have a good chance of finding a home!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 10:29 PM

That is great you took them in. Try freecycle to give them away when they are old enough.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 24, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Good husbands make life so mush easier for, "suckers", like us, lol.  Smudge, I love that. 

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

I am a sucker. And I'm also realizing that I have a really understanding husband. I don't know too many men that would have reacted the way my husband did when I called and told him I might be bringing home 8 kittens.

These kittens I'd say are about 4 weeks maybe a little more. All but the little tanish one are handling canned cat food fine. The tan one, who we're calling Smudge, is drinking from a bottle still.  She's smaller than the rest.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

SlingsAndThings
by RissaBusch on May. 24, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My 2 cats were similar stories. One we pulled out of a dumpster. She was duct taped inside a box.  Someone had literally thrown her out:-(

And Sprinkles we got last year. Same place. Same kind of story though we're not sure where Sprinkles mom was but she never showed after hours of letting her call for her. I really, really friggin wish the people in my mom's neighborhood would spay their damn cats.

I'm seriously thinking about getting all these babies fixed before they go to homes that way I know for a fact this won't happen again with this litter.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

My FIL was always rescuing cats. Over the years we had 5 cats...all rescues and the sweetest cats ever. No bashing here!

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2012 at 10:35 PM
4 of the 5 were rescued as kittens so they felt the deserved the entitled life they lived. The last was rescued literally from death. He was SO grateful, DS was born a few months after we got him and he appointed himself DS's guardian. He never let DS out of his site and slept in his room in front of the crib every single night. We really loved that cat.

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

My 2 cats were similar stories. One we pulled out of a dumpster. She was duct taped inside a box.  Someone had literally thrown her out:-(

And Sprinkles we got last year. Same place. Same kind of story though we're not sure where Sprinkles mom was but she never showed after hours of letting her call for her. I really, really friggin wish the people in my mom's neighborhood would spay their damn cats.

I'm seriously thinking about getting all these babies fixed before they go to homes that way I know for a fact this won't happen again with this litter.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)