Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How do YOU do it?

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:51 PM
  • 24 Replies
I just found out I have gestational diabetes (please no bashing I know it is harming my baby) the doctor did not put me on any medications but ordered me a glucose monitor. I never realized how hard it is to keep it under control. You have to count every single carb that goes into your body I am really struggling with the fact that I have diabetes because I am hurting my baby but it is also very hard to keep track of

Any advice would be appreciated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexmommy2209
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Keep a diary. Stay strong and dedicated. You will do just fine because you cared enough to post about it! Be strong.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I found that a natural diet, with whole grains instead of processed grains and sugars worked best.  It takes getting used to at first but it makes it much easier.  Basically I stuck to the addage, if God didn't make it I didn't eat it.  So produce, meats and rice or oats.....Good luck!

alexmommy2209
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Thank you I almost lost it when my doctor told me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandiii04
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM
3 moms liked this
Why would you get bashed for having GD?? It's not like you said "oh hey! You know what would be fun? Diabetes!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM

It's so hard.  Mine was uncontrollable even with insulin.  I was on a low carb low sugar diet too.

Good luck momma.

eema.gray
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My somewhat unorthodox suggestion would be to eliminate all grains and fruit for six weeks and see how you do.  Some people have very strong reactions to grains and have no idea until they have to monitor their blood sugar for one reason or another.

do11face
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I had it with each of mine. It is hard. I mainly stayed away from sugar and carbs. No cereal. Whole wheat tortillas for bread. I ate a lot of veggies and protein. Good luck! Both of my kids were fine. I'm sure yours will be, too. :) I was supposed to see a nutritionist but my insurance wouldn't cover it. See if yours will. I know that would have helped me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexmommy2209
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My doctor is sending me to a class
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexmommy2209
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Unfortunately on here you get bashed for a lot of things. I am already so upset so I just didn't want anyone else to make me feel worse

Quoting Mandiii04:

Why would you get bashed for having GD?? It's not like you said "oh hey! You know what would be fun? Diabetes!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)