Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

C-section mamas, is it possible to NOT have another?

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM
  • 71 Replies

I dread thinking that when (soon) my husband and I start for our next child, I will have to be in that state once again.....I want to know anyones personal experience/thoughts on the issue. Is it possible to have a vaginal birth next time round? Anyone on CM that has done this personally? My last doc (I felt) was trying to freak me out about it like my stomach will rip open in two (alien movie status, lol) if I tried to push a baby out...wtf! :O

by on May. 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 25, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I opted to have two c-sections after an emergency c-section.  It is possible, it is done, but many doctors will not participate in a VBAC.

Adamswifeypoo08
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:02 PM

You can most definitely have a vaginal birth after a c-section. I havent had one personally but i know many women who have. The thing is, most doctors wont do it so you have to find a OB that will sign off on it. But it is possible.

atyou
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:03 PM
It is possible to have a vbac. That being said....I didn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babiegurl47
1 mom liked this

I chose to have the repeat csection but my dr said if I wanted to do a vbac he would have let me. It just depends on the dr you get.

WardosWifey

Yes, but some docs refuse to consider a VBAC, so make sure if you do want one that you have a doctor who will be willing to do that for you.

srbeusk
1 mom liked this
Absolutely possible, and safer...;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on May. 25, 2012 at 6:03 PM
I had an emergency c-sec with my first followed by vaginal births with my next 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Its all about who you choose as your provider. What state are you in?

I had a VBAC at home, less than 3 months ago.

I suggest, if you want to avoid another surgery you learn as much about VBAC and your rights as possible BEFORE becoming pregnant again.

Alot of OBs will scare you and make you believe it isn't possible, but depending on your history and reasons for prior surgery, i'm sure you can birth vaginally!!! Contact midwives. Some work in hospitals and birth centers if you aren't comfortable with the idea if homebirth.

PM me if you wanna chat more!! My VBAC was a very healing, rewarding experience for me.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephjohn
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I wanted to, but the doctor wouldn't let me.

mishaann01
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:09 PM
It is possible. I wanted a VBAC, and the first OB I went to lied to me and told me that no dr will do them now due to liability. I knew she was lying so I switched dr's, and after talking with them (who were willing to do a VBAC) my dh and I decided to go with another c-section. Although the risk is small (like 1%) for a rupture it was to large for us. I couldn't live with myself if my baby ended up with cerebral palsy or worse because I wanted the "birth experience." I was very sad though, and still wish I could have done it. I know we made the right decision for our family tho. I had them put up a mirror when they pulled her out with my 2nd c-section so I could SEE her enter the world :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)