Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

did you ever try a low carb diet???

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 13 Replies

if so do you have any good low/no carb recipes?  also what were your results?

i have lost three pounds in 4 days but i am not doing it for weight loss (although its a nice bonus) i am doing it to try to get my blood sugar in check....i will probably have to follow a low carb meal plan for the rest of my life so i am looking for yummy things to eat so i dont get bored and cheat :)

by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zugichbaby6
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:58 PM
I did it for my gallbladder and I lost 10 but I was already pretty thin.. But it works
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dereksmom1018
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:58 PM

whole wheat pasta, whole grain crackers. pita bread , english muffins

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 25, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I avoid refined sugar and white flour.  Since I eat a mainly Mediterranean diet regularly, I really didn't have to change much except for the pasta.

Mommy2BeAmy
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Lol I heard the bread doesn't toast. How does it break down in your system if it doesn't toast?! Lol I forgot a comedian say that

Good luck I heard its great!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:01 PM

i lost 80 pounds before i got pregnant this last time by eating low carb (to control my sugar levels) within 9 months.....its hard to stick to though!

Quoting zugichbaby6:

I did it for my gallbladder and I lost 10 but I was already pretty thin.. But it works

tansyflower
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:06 PM

i have cut out milk, all grains, sugar and fruit....until i can get my insulin resistance back into check i have to be really careful or else i will have to start taking meds BOO!!!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I avoid refined sugar and white flour.  Since I eat a mainly Mediterranean diet regularly, I really didn't have to change much except for the pasta.

taKENheart
by Flovely on May. 25, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I did the South Beach...bought the book.  I lost a lb a day and stopped after 12days.  I still eat like that sometimes.  I began roasting vegetables then and the whole family loves them...I would even roast some potatoes with the other veg and I just didn't eat the potatoes.
Good luck!

zugichbaby6
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Yea it is! I'll do again after baby I actually liked it but being pregnant I can't stick to it right now

Quoting tansyflower:

i lost 80 pounds before i got pregnant this last time by eating low carb (to control my sugar levels) within 9 months.....its hard to stick to though!

Quoting zugichbaby6:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:16 PM

i make my dh whatever he wants and then eat what i can.  like tonite he had brats on the bun with some sweet potato chips and i had plain brats with a serving of brocolli!  he would NEVER give up his carbs lol :)

Quoting taKENheart:

I did the South Beach...bought the book.  I lost a lb a day and stopped after 12days.  I still eat like that sometimes.  I began roasting vegetables then and the whole family loves them...I would even roast some potatoes with the other veg and I just didn't eat the potatoes.
Good luck!

tansyflower
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:20 PM

i couldnt do it when i was pregnant either...i did control by blood sugar levels with diet but i didnt have to be so strict.  i took a med after i gave birth that really screwed me up (it made my sugar levels really high and i gained 15 pounds in two weeks) so i have been trying to undo the damage by keeping my carb count under 20 a day....

Quoting zugichbaby6:

Yea it is! I'll do again after baby I actually liked it but being pregnant I can't stick to it right now

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting zugichbaby6:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN