Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

thats a lot of jello.... whoops! I'M DONE!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Sooooo.. I'm makin' jello shots. Apparently (well I already knew this) I'm horrible at determining portions.. by the time I'm done, I'll have approximately 120-150 of them. For 15 (of age) people.

Monday's gonna be rough!

140 :/
-48 orange cream
-20 strawberries & cream
-48 cotton candy (raspberry/coconut)
-20 tropical coconut

+ 40 non-alcoholic grape & watermelon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Replies (21-30):
ermka
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I did orange creamcicle (orange jello, whipped vodka) strawberries and cream (strawberry jello, whipped vodka) cotton candy (raspberry jello, coconut rum, I use coconut Jack... I swear it tastes like cotton candy) and a tropical jello with coconut rum.

I just substitute the liquor for the cold water when making the jello (when you mix the boiling water with the jello, let it cool at least to the point you can hold your finger in it for a second or two, if it's too hot when you put the liquor into it, all the alcohol will evaporate off) then I pour it into a liquid measuring cup to make it easier to pour into cups. Then I use lidded "party cups" (I got mine at Walmart... by the paper plates etc..... the first time I made them... finding the cups was the hardest part, lol) refrigerate until jello sets... party!!!!

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

What flavors did you make and how did you make them?

Quoting ermka:

What flavors? Or how?

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

How did you make them? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I just turned the oven on for chicken wing dip... I'm terrified to know how hot it's going to be in here after just that.. I can't imagine doing all that baking today... yikes!!!

I just need to throw everything together that I chopped up yesterday.. we're doing (the wing dip obviously) pasta salad, fruit & vegi trays, hotdogs and hamburgers. I usually make a lot more.. it typically never gets eaten, so I went easy this year.

Quoting SapphireMomma:

I'm making mine today. So far, I was told to make 4 different kinds. Plus bake a cake for my sil's birthday. And brownies. And the kids want me to make mud.

Oyyyyy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris_81
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
For 15 people that's actually not a lot. Have fun though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Wooooo! Partayyyy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
82ndairbornewif
by on May. 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Lol sounds like something i would do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Yes finding cups is the hardest. I ended up getting the smallest bathroom cups I could find lol

Quoting ermka:

I did orange creamcicle (orange jello, whipped vodka) strawberries and cream (strawberry jello, whipped vodka) cotton candy (raspberry jello, coconut rum, I use coconut Jack... I swear it tastes like cotton candy) and a tropical jello with coconut rum.

I just substitute the liquor for the cold water when making the jello (when you mix the boiling water with the jello, let it cool at least to the point you can hold your finger in it for a second or two, if it's too hot when you put the liquor into it, all the alcohol will evaporate off) then I pour it into a liquid measuring cup to make it easier to pour into cups. Then I use lidded "party cups" (I got mine at Walmart... by the paper plates etc..... the first time I made them... finding the cups was the hardest part, lol) refrigerate until jello sets... party!!!!

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

What flavors did you make and how did you make them?

Quoting ermka:

What flavors? Or how?

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

How did you make them? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM
It's about 10 per person.. but I know personally, I might do one of each.. it just seemed like a ton!! (Still does... lol, they're taking up an entire shelf in my fridge)

Quoting kris_81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris_81
by on May. 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM
They are good & refreshing!

Quoting ermka:

It's about 10 per person.. but I know personally, I might do one of each.. it just seemed like a ton!! (Still does... lol, they're taking up an entire shelf in my fridge)

Quoting kris_81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM
We've got a huge restaurant supply store about a half hour from here, which is the first place I found them. But I found them at Walmart last week (I was so excited!! Lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)