Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

i came so close to walking out of the grocery store i work in with out my kids...

Posted by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:57 PM
  • 32 Replies

yup i did. i work at a city market here in colorado and today i dont work until 5 but i had to go get some food for the week so we went to the store i work at and i got my kids two little trumoo chocolate milk jugs. that is what they wanted and i said okay. so at the end of the shopping trip i go to star bucks and they want a chocolate milk from there and i said No you have yours in the cart. all hell broke loose and both were on the floor and crying and whinning and my son lets out this huge scream... so i got my stuff and started walking out of the store with out my kids but then stopped and waited for them to notice i was gone.. 

i was so embarrassed by their behavoir in front of my co workers that i just want to hide all day and not go into work lol oh my god i let loose on them in the car but man that was horrible

by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM
2 moms liked this

How old are they? Thay behaviour is completely unacceptable in my home. My kids wouldn't be getting chocolate milk at all, and then they would ave spent an hour in their bed when they got home.

BeAmour
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Uh...HELL NO!

Mine knows better to act like that in public. I may get a few tears but that gets taken care of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by Tammie on May. 26, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I really hope they didnt get any chocolate milk.. 

wonderouslife84
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:04 PM

my kids are 5 and 2 and a half

wonderouslife84
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:06 PM

BUMP!

mrskathleen
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:06 PM

YOU JUST WALK AWAY AND THEY WILL NOTICE U GONE AND THE SHOW IS OVER AND THEY WILL CALM DOWN  MAYBE JUST DON T TAKE THEM WITH U UNTIL THEY BEHAVE  GRANDMA 

wonderouslife84
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Quoting mrskathleen:

YOU JUST WALK AWAY AND THEY WILL NOTICE U GONE AND THE SHOW IS OVER AND THEY WILL CALM DOWN  MAYBE JUST DON T TAKE THEM WITH U UNTIL THEY BEHAVE  GRANDMA 

yeah i dont have anyone to watch them for just a few minutes.. we were going to go to mcy ds but nto after that, we just came home ... they are in their room watching tv

wonderouslife84
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:09 PM

BUMP

nysa76
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I handled my kids' fits one of 2 ways.  Ask them where there parents were then walk away or (if they were slightly older like your 5 yo) get on the floor and throw a better fit.  One time with each kid.

Sounds like a rough trip though. 

epoh
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2012 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't like to walk away from my kids in public. I'll usually either stand there nonchalant and watch them pitch a fit, or take them to the bathroom and give them a talking-to. It depends on the situation, location, severity of their fit, and how well they'll respond to either method.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN