Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

need opinions and advice on food issue***ETA edit 2 outcome

Posted by on May. 26, 2012 at 8:40 PM
  • 209 Replies
2 moms liked this

so, my 8 yr old ss (special needs, lives with us, has food issues from abuse) got up while all of us were asleep and ate an entire bowl of potato salad I had made for the family dinner tonight. He had been told when he woke me up asking for it that he could not have any because it was for dinner...he knows he can help himself to unlimited pb sandwiches and there is always cereal and fruit available...what should I do about this? we have no potatoes left to make more, we are on a very tight food budget and meal plan...he screwed our dinner up royally, I am so mad right now I could spit

***I am asking how to deal with his behaviour...not what to make for dinner, the kid ate about 8 cups of potato salad after he had been told not to touch it...do I punish him? Make him do without dinner? Time out? I am at a loss here

*** well first I want to thank the very few people here who actually READ the post and understood that what I was asking for was advice on dicipline and not that I was going to take his food away ...his psychiatrist called back and said I needed to take a privilige away and explain that it was for the disobedience and not for the eating, because he could have eaten something else and not been in any trouble at all...so... after eating a healthy portion of his dinner, which he complained about since he wanted potato salad for dinner and got rice instead, he then got to sit in the kitchen polishing my dad's old silver set with a cloth while the rest of us were in the living room watching Puss in Boots. He was not happy... I dont know if this will do any good, but it's what his dr recommended...and yes, he did still eat his entire dinner, even after 8 cups of potato salad.. I dont know where he puts it

for the record, I would NEVER have withheld food from him, ever...I was looking for suggestions and advice, a strange thing to look for in a mom's website I guess, I thought out of the THOUSANDS of moms here, maybe ONE has been where I stand and could have pointed me in the right direction

by on May. 26, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Justine1123
by Justine on May. 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM
So the kid ate the potatoes go without or make another side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM

ummm, we wilol be going without because everything is budgeted... I was asking what to do with HIM..and he ate about 8 cups of potato salad

Quoting Justine1123:

So the kid ate the potatoes go without or make another side.

twinmom114
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Make something else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Traci on May. 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM
That's alot of potato salad. Don't know what you can do but here's a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM

again, our food is budgeted down to the last bite, if I make something else we dont eat another day. I dont get any more money until Wednesday. I am asking how to deal with HIM

Quoting twinmom114:

Make something else.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on May. 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

big effin deal, he ate a whole bowl of potatoe salad... unless your meal was the potatoe salad i think your family could do without a side. 

geez and you wonder why the kid has issues

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
This. Either let it go or put a lock on the fridge.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

big effin deal, he ate a whole bowl of potatoe salad... unless your meal was the potatoe salad i think your family could do without a side. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Adamsmommy602
by on May. 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM
I'm not sure what "food issues " he has but your not helping by getting mad. Geez make something else and get him the help he needs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Flovely on May. 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I don't know what to tell you.  That is a tough one.  Short of chaining/locking up the fridge I just don't know. 
I know you said you are on a budget and meal plan so maybe you are stocked up on some extra pasta or rice?

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM

the kid has issues because his bio mom starved him, he was a sack of bones when we got custody, the meal was potato salad, baked beans and green beans, now my other two kids go with out because he made a pig out of himself

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)