Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I made this for my brother and SIL as a gift for their wedding next weekend. What do you think?  Would you like getting something like this?

The words in the tree are the lyrics to their first dance song.

Oh, and don't worry, I didn't cheap out, I promise.  I just wanted to give them something to enjoy in their home.

Here is my inspiration pic

by on May. 26, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on May. 27, 2012 at 9:33 PM

What type of style is your home?  Now I am worried that she won't like it.

Quoting NicholasMama608:

Quoting momswag:

It is something super cute, if I received it as a gift I'd like it BUT it isn't something I would display in my home. It would just go in a keep sake box in the closet. 

I agree with this.  It's really nice and thoughtful but I wouldn't put that up in my home.  If it was a picture of DF and I or DS, DF and I, then yes but something like this just doesn't "go" with my taste so I would never display it.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM

its more of a shower gift or a gift of regrets that they cant make it...

i think the only people who gave us an actual gift for our wedding was those who were not invited or those who could not make it.  but then again, gifts are NOT given at weddings where i am from... CASH or CHECK only.  its cute but only because its coming from an immediate family member

mandiNthomas
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Its so nice I would love to receive a gift like that! Its beautiful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on May. 27, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My real wedding gift was paying for her gown and half of the venue cost.  I will be giving this to her while we are getting ready for the day.  Kind of a "I'm glad to be gaining you as my sister gift".

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

its more of a shower gift or a gift of regrets that they cant make it...

i think the only people who gave us an actual gift for our wedding was those who were not invited or those who could not make it.  but then again, gifts are NOT given at weddings where i am from... CASH or CHECK only.  its cute but only because its coming from an immediate family member

STEP_MOTHER730
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I love it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmsbowtie
by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I love it I have been wanting to make something like this for dh and I.  Was it hard?

Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on May. 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Not at all and it cost me less than $10 for all the materials.

Quoting jmsbowtie:

I love it I have been wanting to make something like this for dh and I.  Was it hard?

jmsbowtie
by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Is there a tutorial on pintrest?

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Quoting jmsbowtie:

AMR320
by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM
I think it is beautiful! I would definitely display it in my home. My SIL made a shadow box of pics, invitation, flowers from my hair, wedding rice, etc for us. It has been hanging in my living room for over 8 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on May. 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

No.  I just took a piece of white card stock and printed the lyrics to the song over and over until if filled the entire page in a font and size that I liked.  Then I drew my tree on the back of the cardstock and cut it out.  I cut two little hearts out on my Cricut, and some tiny letters for their initials.  I used a needle to poke the holes in the hearts and used gold thread to "tie" them to the trees.  Held everything in place with a little hot glue.  The frame is 16x11 with an 8x10 mat.  Oh and for the background, I used a light blue piece of vellum paper.

Hope that makes sense.

Quoting jmsbowtie:

Is there a tutorial on pintrest?

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Quoting jmsbowtie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN