Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should females who make false rape claims face charges?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just reading the story of Brian Banks. I'll summarize it for those that don't want to read the whole article.

Brian, 16 at the time, was charged in 2002 with raping a female classmate at school. His then lawyer convinced him to accept a plea of "No contest" to the charges because as his lawyer put it, if it went to trial and he was found guilty, he would face 41 years in prison. He served five years and since being released five years ago he has had to wear a ankle monitor and register as a sex offender. The victim and her mother sued the school district and won a $1.5 million settlement. 

Last year, the "victim" sent Brian a friend request on Facebook. He asked her to meet with him and a private detective and she agreed. At the meeting, which Brian secretly recorded, the victim admitted that she lied and that he never raped her. With this admission, Brian convinced the Cali Innocence Project to take on his case so that he could clear his name. With the admission by the "victim" and new evidence found by the Innocence Project, the prosecuters dropped all the charges.

In my opinion, this female, although she was just a sophomore in high school, should face some kind of charges. She ruined this young man's life. He was an athelete and was expected to go to one of the top college football programs and had dreams of playing in the NFL and she destroyed all of that. As a mother of boys, this scares the crap out of me.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-rape-dismiss-20120525,0,3372200.story?page=2&track=lanowpicks

by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
manda-nicole010
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Absolutely 100% YES!! 

tifferie
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM
I know he was on it, but they said nothing about taking him off. That chick needs to go to jail being charged with sexual assault.

Quoting teri4lance:

Thats exactly what i said when i saw the news reort.

Quoting tifferie:

Did they take him off the sex offender list??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sstripedmonkey
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM
yes she should, and they should have to pay the money back too, she should serve 5years like he did, smdh, i feel so bad for him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TasteOfCollapse
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM
It is very likely she will. I watched one episode on 20/20 about a story similar to this. The woman who admitted she lied (only to see "how far" she can take it....dumb bitch) got convicted and served hardly any time for it. This false story literally ruined an innocent man's life and the lying wench hardly got punished for it. It seriously gets me angry the more I think about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

She should go to jail. She wasted time and money of the police to look into this, tax money for his 5 years in jail, and 5 years of a poor kids life. She is a manipulative predator herself.

Even if he had not gone to jail and false rape charge should at least have to pay fines and community service and such. Police could be doing better things with their time and we can't tell people they can attack people like that. Thats dangerous if you ask me. NOT TO MENTION the fact that now every 16 year old girl who IS raped has to work that much harder and be put through that much more just to attempt to get justice she might not even be granted.

Sexual assault is real and serious, its not like lying about stealing 20bucks from moms purse.

How embarrassed, ashamed, and betrayed the girls parents must feel too. She made such a huge amount of people victims.

cdi
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Hell yeah she should face charges. I was raped in high school and regret now not filing charges but one of the reasons I didn't was I didnt want to be called a liar (he was really popular). People like her make the real rape victims suffer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidenmommy2011
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM

YES! The girl should face criminal charges and her and her mother should have to play the school back and pay him for his suffering. They ruined his life. They should get in trouble at least for making a false police report and if she testified for perjury (sp).

I am also a mother to a boy

ChelseySpelsey
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Hellllllll yes!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarburstKisses
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I thought women who do make false charges...do get charged and into trouble.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM
YES she ruined this man. She should do jail time & pay back the money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)