Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Could You Ever Be a Surrogate Like This CafeMom member?

Posted by   + Show Post

Stephanie's own parents had fostered children when she was growing up, but she and her husband weren't in a position to do the same. Instead, she decided to help a couple who couldn't carry a child on their own by being their surrogate. And wait until you hear about the delivery - there was a BIG surprise at the birth!

Do you think you could be a surrogate for another couple? Or have any of you been on the donating or receiving end of assisted fertility - donor sperm or eggs?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Replies (91-100):
whoslifeanyway
by on May. 27, 2012 at 6:28 PM
I did it. Twice. I loved it the first time and hated it the second. I lost the baby at 16 weeks and they pretty much blamed me. But .... i would do it again.
christinajoy864
by on May. 27, 2012 at 6:29 PM
I was adopted at 6 days old so I'm all for adoption and no what a wonderful gift it can be I don't think I could ever be a surragate mom I hate being pregant and agree any baby comming from me is comming home with me but I so understand that absolute joy as you see the perfect little miracle you created and would like for all moms to experience that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2012 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be a surrogate but only with the moms eggs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UncertainHopefl
by on May. 27, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I am a proud mommy of 1 little girl, and I congratulate all those moms who can become a surogate for other couples who cannot have children, that is so brave.

But I could never carry a baby inside of me for nine months, only to walk away with nothing, hearing the heartbeat, feeling the baby, I just couldn't do it...knowing that she/he was crying for me, would make my heart ache, so Bravo to all surogate moms, it must be a very hard job. Something I could never do.

Pinky5511
by on May. 27, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I am planning to after I'm done having my children. And only with donor eggs and sperm. Ive only got "oven" space for rent ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M-Beans
by on May. 27, 2012 at 6:35 PM
10 moms liked this

I am so sad at the number of women who think parents through surrogacy are somehow selfish :-( It just shows how little information there is out there about infertility and alternative families. 

"just adopt" isn't as easy as it sounds. I know more than a few families through surrogacy who tried to "just adopt" several times only to have the birth mothers decide to keep their children in the end. How heartbreaking for them ( even as it's wonderful for the birth mother). How about those families that aren't traditional? Many places won't allow adoption to single or gay/lesbian families.  What about knowing your own personal limitations and knowing you wouldn't be the best parent for a child with challenges like fetal alcohol syndrome or other issues caused by an uncaring  birth mother? Many if not most of the newborns in the adoptive system have these types of challenges. Not everyone is cut out to adopt. It's a beautiful and amazing way to build your family, but it's not the *best* way for *everyone* to build their family. Those of you with the "why don't they just adopt" opinion.... How many adopted children do YOU have?? If you have none,  why didn't YOU "just adopt"???

Jodie103
by on May. 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I have been a surrogate before, one of the best things I ever did. I'm also doing it again soon, planning a transfer in July. For me it has nothing to do with the money if my husband would let me I'd do it for free, I just love it that much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMiracle
by on May. 27, 2012 at 6:38 PM
2 moms liked this
?? I watched that video and there was no big surprise at birth other then a big baby. I find it hard to believe that she said her decision had nothin to do with money motivation but the first half of her video was how her family was broke and on unemployment. However I absolutely would do it, mostly for the compensation, but even if it wasn't a whole lot I would still do it
Due9
by on May. 27, 2012 at 6:38 PM

NO, I couldn't do it. I don't like being pregnant so much to do it for another couple.

Due9
by on May. 27, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I agree totally. Great wording!

Quoting MamaMiracle:

?? I watched that video and there was no big surprise at birth other then a big baby. I find it hard to believe that she said her decision had nothin to do with money motivation but the first half of her video was how her family was broke and on unemployment. However I absolutely would do it, mostly for the compensation, but even if it wasn't a whole lot I would still do it

juggling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)