Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Could You Ever Be a Surrogate Like This CafeMom member?

Posted by   + Show Post

Stephanie's own parents had fostered children when she was growing up, but she and her husband weren't in a position to do the same. Instead, she decided to help a couple who couldn't carry a child on their own by being their surrogate. And wait until you hear about the delivery - there was a BIG surprise at the birth!

Do you think you could be a surrogate for another couple? Or have any of you been on the donating or receiving end of assisted fertility - donor sperm or eggs?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Replies (351-360):
T-Rentsmommy06
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:23 PM
That is who I went through. They also do not require you to be married.

Quoting JayDominic:

Quoting heathermarie23:

I would love too, I love being pregnant and I hear the compensation is pretty good... but I believe you have to be married to participate... and I am not.  :-(

Not necessarily.. I am not married and went through Reproductive Possibilites....I am not gooing back with them again but there are agencies that dont requre amrriage.... I think circle surrogacy is one tooo...Im looking into them now 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayDominic
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:18 PM

What was your experience with them...specifically, handling the moneys

Quoting T-Rentsmommy06:

T-Rentsmommy06
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Honestly, it was fantastic. I had gotten worried, I had heard horror stories after I was matched and a transfer in. But I could not have asked for a better experience as a whole. If I decide to do it again, I would use Circle again. A friend of mine is just starting her journey with them.

Quoting JayDominic:

What was your experience with them...specifically, handling the moneys

Quoting T-Rentsmommy06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.SupermOmOf2
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I hope I don't sound cruel but I probably couldn't choose to be one I would have a hard time giving up a baby that I carried for 9 months in my Belly.

heathermarie23
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Thank you, I will look into them.  All of the ones I found required marriage and a certain BMI of which I didn't qualify,  among other things.

Quoting JayDominic:

Quoting heathermarie23:

I would love too, I love being pregnant and I hear the compensation is pretty good... but I believe you have to be married to participate... and I am not.  :-(

Not necessarily.. I am not married and went through Reproductive Possibilites....I am not gooing back with them again but there are agencies that dont requre amrriage.... I think circle surrogacy is one tooo...Im looking into them now 

chimom01
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I am a traditional surrogate and I began as a gestational carrier.  I could not be happer with my choice to give a loving couple the baby they have dreamed about! Surrogacy is not for everyone but I have a wonderful support system which includes my husband and I feel blessed to be given the chance to do this!

inspain
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I couldn't.  I don't even want to hold someone's purse while they pee in a bush.  

These are far better women than I.  

MrsMagicMike
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM

My first time as a surrogate was for expenses only and I ended up paying more than I made when it was all said and done.  I will be making $26k for my second journey.  

Sharell8710
by Puppet on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Quoting randomosityblog:

I was a surrogate. I would not recommend it. I'm writing a book on how horrible my journey was.

My friend was a surrogate for a couple and loved the experience. She's getting ready to do it again.Guess it's not for everyone. Sorry you had a bad experience with it :(
Meli55aG2001
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:47 PM
I have a friend who was a surrogate twice. First time it was just a boy and the second time it was boy/girl twins. She loved being able to help out two families and keeps in touch with them.

Personally, it's something I may consider doing. My pregnancies have been relatively easy. I would however want them to use their own eggs/sperm or donors. I wouldn't feel comfortable using my own eggs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)