Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I live in Hopkinsville Kentucky my husband is stationed at Fort Campbell he has asked if we could go camping in June to LBL (Land between the Lakes). I told him yeah sure that wasn't a problem, well now I'm sitting here trying to get everything planned and a list of everything we will need to take. We will be staying about 3 nights and 3 days.

So my questions are:

1) If you have been camping here what part did you camp in?

2) On average how much did you spend on your camping trip?

3) Did everybody enjoy it?

We will be taking me, DH, DS1 (he is 4), DS2 (he is 2) and my 16 year old sister.

P.S the kids love the water!!

by on May. 27, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
CountryStrong84
by on May. 27, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Me and my husband want to go there

Quoting Della03:

You aren't too far from me :) We went to Auoroa a couple years ago before I got pregnant with dd, but we haven't been since we've had kids. we went for our honeymoon and 1 year anniversary lol. We enjoyed it. I dont think we spent more than $100 with just us 2. Are you planning on going to Patti's 1880's Settlement?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Della03
by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:01 PM
We've been a few times. I think we are going to go back in a few weeks when dh is on vacation. The only thing that gets me is some of the smells lol

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Quoting Della03:

You aren't too far from me :) We went to Auoroa a couple years ago before I got pregnant with dd, but we haven't been since we've had kids. we went for our honeymoon and 1 year anniversary lol. We enjoyed it. I dont think we spent more than $100 with just us 2. Are you planning on going to Patti's 1880's Settlement?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryStrong84
by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM
LOL she wasted five bucks on the bison wild life trail last time we went. All we saw was poop

Quoting Della03:

We've been a few times. I think we are going to go back in a few weeks when dh is on vacation. The only thing that gets me is some of the smells lol

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Quoting Della03:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:04 PM
My brother has been several times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Della03
by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Lmao I believe it! And watch out for horseflies. Those boogers bite!!!!

Quoting CountryStrong84:

LOL she wasted five bucks on the bison wild life trail last time we went. All we saw was poop

Quoting Della03:

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Quoting Della03:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyrustina
by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:26 PM
We have not been camping there, but it is really nice. I actually live right down the road from LBL and we go swimming at the beach during the summer.
Armywife8807
by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Where is Auoroa at exactly? We just moved to Kentucky in October of 2011 so I don't know where everything is yet!

Quoting Della03:

Della03
by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:38 PM
It's on the west of KY lake. We live in Henderson so it's right about 2 hours from here. From Hopkinsville, it's About an hour and half. But it's on the other side from where you would be coming from. I'll post a map pic.

Quoting Armywife8807:

Where is Auoroa at exactly? We just moved to Kentucky in October of 2011 so I don't know where everything is yet!

Quoting Della03:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Della03
by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:39 PM

This is if coming from Hopkinsville
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armywife8807
by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Okay thanks I will check into that also.

Quoting Della03:

This is if coming from Hopkinsville

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN