Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I had to give my kitty to a good home because the place we are moving to won't accept her. I just found her a sweet couple that had been looking for a cat for sometime now.

by on May. 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Replies (151-156):
dakotasmamma
by Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Let me get this right... It's unfair to uproot the kitten, but it's completely ok to pawn off on a friend for who knows how long? You don't think that kitten would adjust to the friends home and then be taken out of there and to the new place where the owners move. You're pretty much an idiot just sayin. And to the op I'm sorry you had to do this it sucks.

Quoting kaitalynn:

There's always a place. If the apartments available don't accept cats let the cat stay with a friend until they can afford a better place who does. And before you say I know nothing about this I looked after my friend's cat for 3 months while she was in Palestine.

Quoting beaularson91:

and how would you know whats there where shes moving do you live there? i was just looking for a new apartment for my sister and found NOTHING that accepted her cat that was reasonably priced for her wow jump off her back already

Quoting kaitalynn:

So keep looking for a place that accepts animals. And don't even try and tell me you've looked everywhere. There are so so many places that accept animals in each city. Maybe you just have to change your standards. Maybe you don't get them "willy nilly", but you certainly have a "willy nilly" approach at keeping them.

Quoting goodnightmama:

We have had her for almost a year now and did not plan on moving. my hubby has not worked since january. He has been looking for a new job since and the only reason why we are moving is because he finally found a job in another town. The place we are getting is the only place we can afford. I am so sorry that this happened and if it was my choice I would have kept her. I don't just get animals willy nilly but thank you for your thoughts.

Quoting kaitalynn:

If you didn't plan on keeping her when you moved you shouldn't have gotten her in the first place. Mean? Yes. True? Definetly.
I can't stand people who herd pets around and make it like it's worse for them than the poor animals who have to be carted around.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovingmy4babies
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:43 AM

How sad :( Well, just know you did the right thing in finding a nice couple to take her, and it's not like you're just abandoning her on the street. She will adjust, and hopefully they'll love her just like you do.

Junesmommy18
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Someone's a bitch.

At least she didnt throw it out on a curb somewhere, and she will obviously miss it and doesnt want to give it away. Shit happens. If we had to move somewhere right now that didn't take animals, I wouldn't have any family/friends to take my dog in for a little while.

So not everyone has circumstances like you described.

And OP, sorry for grumpy Ass people who can only be mean on the web, and sorry for having to get rid of your cat! Maybe eventually you can get another :) GL
Quoting kaitalynn:

If you didn't plan on keeping her when you moved you shouldn't have gotten her in the first place. Mean? Yes. True? Definetly.
I can't stand people who herd pets around and make it like it's worse for them than the poor animals who have to be carted around.

JustShawna
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Aww - at least it she went to a loving couple! ((hugs))

zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Sometimes, we are forced to make decisions we didn't think we'd have to make. My 2 kitties are staying with a friend 20 miles away and have been because we were forced to move (I lost my job) and my parents landlady refuses to allow us to keep them. It's not that they are disposable or we have any other choice... it's the only choice we had. If she had not been willing to keep them for us, we would have had to find them good homes as well. I didn't think when we got them 4 years ago, I would lose my job.

Quoting kaitalynn:

mama_cullum
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:53 PM
I had to rehome a jack russle that my fil gave my kids. We got him before I got pregnant and after I had the baby we found out she was allergic to the dog. So of course for my babies health I rehomed the dog. I don't feel bad or guilty about it as my child's health is more important. We were sad to see him go and he was a member of our family but we had no other options.

Quoting zeesmuse:

Sometimes, we are forced to make decisions we didn't think we'd have to make. My 2 kitties are staying with a friend 20 miles away and have been because we were forced to move (I lost my job) and my parents landlady refuses to allow us to keep them. It's not that they are disposable or we have any other choice... it's the only choice we had. If she had not been willing to keep them for us, we would have had to find them good homes as well. I didn't think when we got them 4 years ago, I would lose my job.

Quoting kaitalynn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)