Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is your greatest accomplishment? UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

yes our kids are super duper but besides them -What is your greatest accomplishment?

UPDATE-going to bed-I did not get to answer all but 6 am comes early for I have to get my ds ready for school  and it is almost 11:45 where I live

So all GOOD NIGHT!!!

by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Replies (41-50):
JustShawna
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I have two. Hubby and I have come from being very poor (living in a travel trailer on his mother's property with "junk" cars that barely ran) to having 75 acres of property, horses, a decent home (it's not what I really want, but we don't have to make payments on it and we are "building" how we want) and two outstanding children who are soon to graduate (in the next two years.)

My second major accomplishment is being alive and who I am today. It's a long struggle, but my xh physically & mentally abused me, beat me so badly one night that I lost my baby at almost 26 weeks and had to bury her. I used to want to die. I'm here today, happy, healthy and no longer want to die. I want to watch my children graduate, have a career they love, get married and have thier own children. So, between the two they are my greatest accomplishments.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 3:08 PM

That is awesome!! So happy for you!! How are the kids and you today?  What a great accomplishment.  Hope the rent thing gets figured out--

Quoting KrissyMama88:

getting back on my feet is my biggest accomplishment. a year ago i was homeless sleeping on my mother in laws couch and my kids were in fostercare waiting for me to get an apt. Today i've got my kids back and i've had the same place for 10 months (although my landlord is saying i haven't paid rent in 10 weeks and i owe $1830 so i have to get ahold of a lawyer to see what i can do).

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 3:09 PM

That is awesome Kayleen!!

Quoting Kaybean:

Getting a 4.0 while going to college for nursing.

BobbieB
by on May. 29, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Having a great son, marrying a good man, and getting a novel published.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM

That is a wonderful accomplishment!! 

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Changing my life and weight loss. Yes I had gastric bypass surgery but I still have to work at it and change my lifestyle.

eesmommy
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Being who and what I am today, my siblings have not been able to grow beyond and let things go as in the past.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome!! Yes did the same--it is hard but so worth it!!

Quoting nebraskamamaof2:

My kids, staying married for six years and working two jobs to put myself through school.

2teens2LOs
by on May. 29, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Being married 17 years and counting! which to me, is the most important thing in life to give to my children of myself and my husband- that strong foundation from the beginning.

Excelling at being a mom... doing things I never imagined I could do or would do

and watching my children succeed, means I certainly have accomplished doing something right in this lifetime ;)

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Congrats!!! Awesome!!  graduate

Quoting chendren1:

I graduated College last friday. After everything that happened between my ex and I him leaving me with basicly nothing after i supported him our whole relationship. I pushed through it all and finished.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Those all awesome accomplishments!!!

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Being in a relationship with my significant other for nearly 6 years (August 5 will be the 6 year mark!). its by far the longest & most serious relationship I've been in. 

Keeping my DS alive & healthy for 5 years. 

Getting my associates in child development. :) 

Overcoming addiction.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN