Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I don't know who the father is..

Posted by   + Show Post
Please do not judge or make fun of me..believe me, I never in a million years wanted or thought this would happen to me and It tears me apart to even think about it but I need some advice..while living in NE in September I basically had a one night stand with a gentleman I'll call "Cowboy". Shortly before (around a week or two) that I came back home to SD for a visit and ended up hooking up with an ex who shall be named "trek-ey". So needless to say I came back to NE and x amount of time later I found out that I would be expecting a baby around June 9th! I was ecstatic but then quickly shot down with disappointment when I came upon this dilema. When I told cowboy he said that was impossible because he had just had a vasectomy(?) Like a month or two prior to our meeting..so then I told trek-ey and he was happy..shocked but happy. So anyway all of these questions came about and long story short he and I both have doubts about the paternity..he says that no matter what he will be there for us and it takes more than DNA to be a father. On one hand I couldn't have asked for anything better than that response but the whole thing is honestly stressing me out..and rightfully so. I don't know if I should believe cowboy b/c that kind of procedure is not 100% effective (I wouldn't think) and he also stated that he did a test and he's shooting blanks...and now trek-ey says he'll be there but he won't sign the certificate until he knows for sure..I'm kind of with him on that buuut I also feel that if he doesn't want to sign it then I need to move on..am I making a big deal? Who should I believe is the father?? Ugh I hate myself for putting myself in this position..any advice would be helpful and appreciated. Thank you..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Replies (51-60):
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would it be impossible? She had sex with these guys in September. Sept to June = 9 months.

Quoting needadvice1983:

I'm going to assume you aren't actually due JUNE 9th. Because that would be impossible. Lol but like other people said, only sure way is a DNA test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Benjamins-mama
by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:51 PM

get dna test on Trek-ey   and if it comes back negative then you know that cowboy is the father.  

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Get a DNA test. Vasectomies are not 100 percent effective. After the DNA test proves who is the father, if trek-ey is the father let him sign the certificate if he is not the father then move on.

Apollos82
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
With an estimated ovulation date of 9/17, and an estimated first day of last menstral cycle of 9/3, June 9th is the exactly correct due date.

Quoting needadvice1983:

I'm going to assume you aren't actually due JUNE 9th. Because that would be impossible. Lol but like other people said, only sure way is a DNA test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Benjamins-mama
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:25 PM

well if she got pregnant last September then June 9th is actually possible needadvice....   thats 9 months of pregnancy.  

why would you think her due date of June 9th would be impossible? lol     

With an estimated ovulation date of 9/17, and an estimated first day of last menstral cycle of 9/3, June 9th is the exactly correct due date.

Quoting needadvice1983:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
erikadi
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Honestly I would go with trek-ey because he is willing to be the father for your child and cowboy is not even open to helping you out. As far as your son's birth certificate it can be changed for a fee but it can be changed so that if a paternity test says who the father is you can decide who can be on the birth certicate. You could also have trek-ey adopt him so that on paper he will have a father.

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Get a DNA test.
emeraldangel20
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Quoting sam12796:

He is right not to sign until he knows. You have a good man who wants to stick by you. Get a DNA test done and go from there. Why give up on a possible great thing on a fear?

this

RGladson
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hazelnutkin
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Can you contact vasectomy guy? They give you a certificate saying that you are sperm free, if you are. Ask for a copy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)